Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

It’s keyed, isn’t it?

1 Like

…and pre-recorded, since there wasn’t a proper throw to/from the piece by Pete.

1 Like

Good to see them utilising the video wall at least.

Behind the scenes of Nine’s Canberra bureau:

2 Likes

That green screen area looks bigger than the regional NSW bulletin set :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Should move production to Canberra!

2 Likes

They seem to have dropped the special budget graphic part way in.

Ah it’s back now!

And a pretty poor studio lit Peter Overton there at the desk.

3 Likes

The Gold Coast studio floor looking good as of last week.

Previously

14 Likes

Looks nice! Hopefully it’s a sign of changes to come.

1 Like

What an improvement! Now if they just fixed the awful lighting, maybe a bigger rise for the desk would look better too.

1 Like

…and get a backdrop screen/videowall. Maybe try and incorporate a screen in the desk as well.

7 Likes

And change the lighting from that ghastly orange to a nice red. Fits in the brand better.

A videowall for the backdrop would be an excellent addition too.

But it’s gold! Gold for the Gold Coast! /s

4 Likes

I agree, orange/gold is a better match for the Gold Coast.

1 Like

They need a backdrop screen and a new desk in general lol

1 Like

It surely wouldn’t be hard to downsize elements from the metro set and create a smaller set compatible with the Gold Coast and regional studios. Not necessarily a circular set design, but still sharing similar accents and features.

There were some really good user mocks a while back. It is possible to pull off…

2 Likes

I can’t see how there is enough space, That Gold Coast studio looks very small, as evidenced by how that screen looks to be so close to the set and at an awkward angle.

VERY

3 Likes

My thoughts were more along the lines of keep the current floorplan and update the set pieces themselves. Have a squared-off set versus round, but in the same style as metro.

For example, the two blue light boxes could be replaced with the short blue news exchange wall panel with horizontal white LED strips.

Eurgh . Why would you bother? The sets not great, but it does the job.

Friday -
Dougal Beatty presented Melbourne Afternoon News from Campbellfield today.

4 Likes