Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

He still has to power to rein her in. Her argument would be that they won and continued to win under that style (which I still disagree with).

2 Likes

Maybe Wick found Paterson appropriate for the product he wants from QLD. Blaring consumer stories have been the way for a good long while before she came on board.

It was already pretty tainted, wasn’t it?

Interesting tweet this morning from Simon Hobbs

4 Likes

I presume that chart is for the Sydney market?

Rather interesting how Nine’s ratings seem to peak around mid-way through the bulletin, while Seven’s peak (with some of their closest figures to Nine during the hour) seem to be their highest towards the end of the bulletin. Hmm, I wonder why that may be… :wink:

4 Likes

where is the newsroom? Is it in the same building? Why do they do that? Just get the reporter in the studio

new horror movie trailer? haha

Yeah, they’re leaving in droves so that they don’t have to watch ACA. :wink: That’s definitely what you were thinking of, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I was of course, referring to how the ratings peak for Seven News Sydney (at least on that night’s figures posted by Simon Hobbs) appeared to be around the point of the bulletin that David Brown’s weather was on, before the channel drops off to 3rd at 7pm when Home & Away comes on.

One wonders if that’s a regular trend and if so, why Nine aren’t doing more to improve their Sydney weather presenters & weather coverage overall…

Yes, I understand that. I was just making a sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek reference to how you believe Amber Sherlock is responsible for this trend.

Rare use of the right hand side videowall on Nine News Sydney last night with Belinda Russell presenting a “Flu Season” segment:

TBH, I wish the weather was presented like this (similar to what Perth does) rather than the IMO poor presentation in front of the giant wraparound screen. QTQ has little choice due to their lack of videowalls, but surely TCN could be better using what they’re very fortunate to have?

Mind you that isn’t the only problem with the weather coverage on Nine News Sydney, but making changes to how the forecast is presented would at least be a start. At the moment, it’d be the worst in the market if it wasn’t for the absolute embarrassment that is 10 News First. :confused:

2 Likes

The weather forecast features smaller elements across a wider field, like location badges with min and max temperatures. Not the best look on a 3x3 array with gaps.

First Fairfax integration into Nine News Sydney?
Just heard a “for Sydney Morning Herald and Nine News” at the end of a report.

3 Likes

The other day. David Wroe was in Syria.

Yeah that’s who it was reporting.

1 Like

Another segment was presented from the RHS videowall during tonight’s Nine News Sydney, this time it was Eddy Meyer talking about falling house prices:

It’ll be quite interesting to see if more segments like this are seen in the bulletin over coming days/weeks…

4 Likes

It’s keyed, isn’t it?

1 Like

…and pre-recorded, since there wasn’t a proper throw to/from the piece by Pete.

1 Like

Good to see them utilising the video wall at least.

Behind the scenes of Nine’s Canberra bureau:

2 Likes