Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Perhaps they’ll end up re-branding to Nine News: First at Six :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s a fair point for the Gold Coast at least (they do have their 30 minute opt-out though), but Sunshine Coast will soon have its own hour bulletin to fully replace the metro bulletin on weeknights.

All metro bulletins are carried into their respective regional areas throughout the week anyway by Prime/GWN, SC7 and WIN, and by 7QLD and SC9 on weekends. If we changed the metro bulletins to state names, (a) the name wouldn’t match the city-centric content, and (b) it would “disenfranchise” metro viewers who may feel that they are not getting news specific to their city.

1 Like

The producers are getting lazy with their supers. Looks silly to have “9news.com.au” in your main strap, when it’s sitting next to your logo/bug which says the same thing. Pointless over branding.

2 Likes

2 camera angles overlayed each other. Weird glitch. Only lasted a few seconds.

Interesting news update from the Darwin newsroom, haven’t seen the other states do one like this.

1 Like

Few early concepts of the current Nine News graphic package:

19 Likes

If the logo was better incorporated I’d love that much more than the portal of doom.

2 Likes

Looks more suited for a sports broadcast.

5 Likes

I assume the Corby media storm will be live Sunday morning for the arrival? Rumoured to be on Virgin arriving at 545am.

Cannot believe the amount of media in Bali for this story. Can only imagine the chaos that will be Brisbane Arrivals this Sunday.

1 Like

Non stop news coverage for the next 48 hours probably?

3 Likes

You’ve got it:

https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/status/868027109385555968

2 Likes

Schapelle is not going to be able to go anywhere in Australia for months without being noticed.

She would be better off going to New Zealand for a while.

1 Like

Her coverage got plenty of attention in NZ too. But we do have nice beaches for boogie boarding.

4 Likes

Oh fuck I’m picking up my sister then

7 Likes

On the bright side, it could be good opportunity to get some shots of of various networks setups… I’m sure there’ll be at least 3 link trucks setup!

1 Like

She may be looking to re-start the family business. Kiwis are meant to be amongst the biggest consumers of pot in the world.

3 Likes

How come it’s not Cannabis Corby?

2 Likes

Intrigued how you found these! Very interesting.

Here’s Nine’s:

2 Likes

Hmmm wonder if that will be run out of QTQ with Ali screaming down the autocue & Darren glaring! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like