Nine News Content and Appearance

Either the lighting or the camera color grading between the desk and stand-up positions looks to be off.

1 Like

Looks like Melbourne’s 4pm news has switched to a live shot as the backdrop, same as the 6pm bulletin:

4 Likes

Good move.

Gold Coast tonight - up to the first ad break was from Greenmount

Brisbane

4 Likes

The old shot looked better IMO. It suited the 4pm news quite well.

2 Likes

News simulcast promo

4 Likes

is this the Gold Coast Team?

What? It shows Andrew & Melissa - the Queensland news team - with a Brisbane backdrop!

3 Likes

Queensland Promo

2 Likes

My apologies, I live in NBN LAND

Seriously, I don’t understand the point of them using both the old and new graphics (and what’s with the overload of blue?)

4 Likes

There’s no point, it’s just sloppy work.

2 Likes

Unusual super - it’s an Exclusive exclusive

6 Likes

Why exactly does Nine News Sydney have a temporary set?

Welcome Jack!

Because they are moving the old set to Nine’s new studios.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

Nine News Sydney are currently using a temporary set in Studio 22 because of the upcoming move to North Sydney. Apparently the usual set in Studio 21 will be shipped over there, but I’d be surprised if there weren’t at least some tweaks to the set (I’m expecting the videowalls to be removed, leaving the TCN set looking like QTQs) for North Sydney.

3 Likes

Thanks

Got the Canberra weather slide correct on 5pm news today:

7 Likes

On tonight’s Nine News Sydney, a report on the death of former NSW Premier John Fahey featured a voice-overed report from (what appears/sounds to be a young) Mark Ferguson from 1994.

1 Like

At the 0:47 mark of this clip:

I’d definitely say that’s a snippet of Mark Ferguson - he was a reporter for National Nine News Sydney at the time afterall!

At the 2:22 mark, Shaun Fewings (another name among a very long list of “Ten turned Nine” news talent in the Sydney market over the years) can be heard as well if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes