Nine News Content and Appearance

Just caught GTV’s ‘COVID Crunch Time’ promo. The pendulum has swung back around to sensationalist bullshit again :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Seems like they can do whatever they like and still win the ratings.

2 Likes

Didnt take long…Nine running a promo in Perth promoting Local news with the tagline “Made in Perth for Perth”…first shots at 10 :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Unfortunately, Nine need to acknowledge this on screen, to gain an audience shares at 6pm. Ten have been a decent competitor to Nine News in Perth, but have now been forced to vacate the local aspect of their news service to Sydney.

It also gives leverage for local 10 management (within Australia) to inform ViacomCBS in London to justify why they need to stay local.

6 Likes

Adelaide & Perth promos. The Adelaide one has been going since Seven stopped doing the local 4pm bulletin:

16 Likes

Well done Nine. Really drive the local and live aspect for each of these cities.

8 Likes

Love the transition from piece-to-camera then sitting down to start the bulletin. Brilliant idea.

6 Likes

Peter Overton explaining on Facebook why the news is coming from a different studio.

21 Likes

Nine News Adelaide has a new promo saying why would you watch news from Melbourne referencing 10 News and 7 Afternoon news. Its an extension from the original promo.

26 Likes

Brilliant :clap:

1 Like

They really need to get the production back to Adelaide. The Melbourne bulletin is a pain to watch and I really don’t want to see Seven start to lose in Adelaide (because their team in Adelaide puts out an excellent bulletin compared to the other states).

7 Likes

To anyone at Nine who may be reading: Now is the time to take advantage of 10 News First’s cutbacks by moving the other local 4pm bulletins (including those in Sydney & Melbourne which by comparison, remain largely unscathed) to 5pm.

4 Likes

Isn’t Millionaire doing reasonably well in other city’s though?

3 Likes

Wow, that didn’t take long!

1 Like

lol

wishful thinking about people at nine reading this forum

1 Like

People at Nine (and other media outlets) are aware of my presence on Twitter, so you’d have to be incredibly naive to assume there isn’t anyone from the network reading this forum!

Now whether or not they’re likely to implement all of my ideas is a completely different story…

10 Likes

Very impressive! Now we see if the ratings change…

1 Like

I know comments on Facebook don’t tell a good story but nearly every comment on the post of Nine News Adelaide are all saying the same thing of being disappointed 10 News is no longer being done from Adelaide and some would switch and stay with 9 News at 5pm.

5 Likes

New crash zoom in Brisbane tonight.

1 Like