Nine News Content and Appearance

The Blue lighting just makes it look like it normally does.

That newsroom backdrop definitely looks better than what it once was! Would be great if they presented Afternoon News updates there.

2 Likes

We saw a few weeks ago that the wall is still “beige” but light effects can make a big improvement. Must have popped into Bunnings for some variable colour LED stips.

5 Likes

Another update from 9now thumbnail.
IMG_0725

13 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like the timing needs to be fixed.

3 Likes

Some higher quality assets pulled from 9now (Including Perth which wasn’t posted above):

11 Likes

I like that the white swirl part is now opaque.

1 Like

I thought they were the new titles. Lol

Sydney isn’t the only one, it happened in Melbourne too during the early 2000s.

3 Likes

And 1990s too I think…

But to have them all consistent, which they had been since the video walls were rolled out, for one to suddenly be different, is a little odd.

If I remember correctly, Melbourne’s graphics were independent to that of the rest of the country between 2000-03.

I think GTV went with their own style so as to maintain its ratings dominance, among other things. We all remember the backlash when they temporarily switched to the newly-revised Cool Hand Luke theme in early 2006; it wasn’t well received so they reverted back to the cowbell theme, which IMO was the best remix of the Cool Hand Luke theme.

And in 2007 they moved away from the live shot in the background, and also introduced that wooden desk which was to last until August 2009.

3 Likes

It appeared perhaps the wrong take was aired, Chris held up a piece of paper and said take two (or something along that lines)

7 Likes

Wow, just realised they’re already reverting back to a horizontal logo!!

2 Likes

Anyone know why the blooper I posted on here was removed?

2 Likes

It was posted a day ago, in another thread.

2 Likes

It’s not the job of a news service to “fight for Queensland”, it’s to report the news.
Those sort of campaigns should be kept for ACA.

4 Likes

Seven seem to be mirroring the campaign. Lucky us.

4 Likes

:tada::tada::tada:…not

1 Like

I didn’t know that 9 News had a slider ticker.

This is from 9News Melbourne sport 6PM

They should roll this out around the country for morning and afternoon bulletins too.

5 Likes