Nine News Content and Appearance

The “mood lighting” in the Brisbane newsroom might be described as maroon tonight.

9 Likes

Ngl I love that QLD promo - the graphics are beautiful.

2 Likes

This was by far the best newsroom backdrop on tonight’s late news.

3 Likes

It kind of makes the place looks like it’s on fire!

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the right thread, but it appears Nine/News Orgs aren’t given a feed from the Federal Court and are just taking the YouTube feed.

(Ignore pointless in the bottom right corner, was trying to catch if 9 broke into programming to deliver the judgement)

3 Likes

What just happened during Chris Kolher’s finance report? Hope someone has a recording of it.

Nine have updated the heading text for each story. No longer with the background on the screen, its actually a graphic overlay. Also that blue swirl to the left is also an overlay not on the screen behind Peter.

Previously it was on screen:

9 Likes

Don’t really like this zoomed in look with graphics. Similar zoom shoot has been used in Melbourne for a while too.
The text on the videowall would look fine if the shot was zoomed out and the text larger.

3 Likes

It’s like we are going backwards in presentation using OTS again . Back to 2008

6 Likes

Yep, I notice that when they played a package tonight and it glitched for one second then disappeared.

1 Like

What actually happened?

9Now thumbnails updated:
IMG_1003
IMG_1002
IMG_1001

9 Likes

Ooh. So the blue is the new white.

1 Like

Well it sounds like the changes will be rolling out nationwide soon.

8 Likes

You would think so… It would be odd if Sydney was the only one with different graphics for an extended period.

2 Likes

I remember when STW moved into new studios in September 2016, they were the first market to 1) launch the 2016-January 2020 graphics and 2) unveil the new round set we now see nationwide.

TCN then launched the new graphics in October 2016 then unveiled the new set in January 2017.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t it be Queensland rather than Brisbane because that is the name used in the bulletin?

6 Likes

That’s the issue with the Brisbane or QLD bulletin… not only on 9 but 7 also, They never know what name? Constantly swapping names and handles on social media. 10 has been Queensland for forever.

3 Likes

Not quite exactly… I think Ten used “Brisbane” during the 2000-04 graphics set (when in the intro they had four shots of the “globe” with the word “Brisbane” appearing in the third).

It would’ve been since at least 2005 that they started using “Queensland”.

I also remember during the Bruce Paige/Jillian Whiting/Heather Foord era (2004-05 to be exact) the voiceover would say “with [presenter/s], this is National Nine News Queensland” before the headlines.

1 Like

Blue(ish) again last night

5 Likes