Nine News Content and Appearance

I would have thought they would air the Melbourne bulletin, not Sydney’s?

1 Like

Probably a very last minute choice, and given the time difference presumably that’s what is uploaded onto the system as a backup, but had it been Adelaide or QLD they could have chosen differently.

You would think that a back up plan would have been decided upon sometime ago, not as ‘last minute’ decision as it wouldn’t be the first time that a TV station can’t get it’s own bulletin to air…

I recall Perth has aired Melbourne bulletins before, so why they would decide to air Sydney’s instead is a mystery… Unless something happened with the Melbourne bulletin back up too, and this was ‘Plan C’.

1 Like

Very cute moment at the end of 9 news Melbourne tonight after Hitch tripped on his words in the closer.

11 Likes

Cross promotion starting Sunday

4 Likes

How awful does that 3AW logo look next to a design from the 21st century? :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

I do quite like the chemistry these three have, great team!

4 Likes

I mean there’s less of a need for a radio station to have a visual identity.

Really? Most radio shows have cameras on all the time so that parts of their content can be used online or on television. Visuals are more important than they’ve ever been.

13 Likes

Apps, video clips on their social media. It’s more than just the audio content these days - a visual identity is important.

5 Likes

And literally any non-radio advertising they do as well

8 Likes

QLD has adapted the new live cross graphics that have been seen in NSW and VIC

6 Likes

What you failed to note is that that is the new 3AW logo, launched earlier this year along with the rest of Nines radio properties.

Recall this happening in the past too. Makes sense, footy state and all that. Unfortunately these days it’s Sydney or the zilch the way networks behave now.

1 Like

Looks like another week on Law and Order after winning last week’s ratings with a similar focus.

5 Likes

9News Special: Marvellous Moomba

Thursday 9 March 7:30 PM Melbourne

Marvellous Moomba is back. Join Peter Hitchener and Alicia Loxley as we go behind the scenes of this iconic Melbourne event. From the Birdman Rally to the Parade, see how this wonderful event comes to life for the 69th year.

2 Likes

Brisbane is getting a special 5pm bulletin today, as other states are not airing 5pm news

6 Likes

Nine News Melbourne and 3AW are holding a viewer competition this week. Every evening since yesterday, they have to tune in to the 6pm bulletin for a code word, then call in to Ross and Russ breakfast show on 3AW the next morning to tell the code word to the hosts. The first caller with the correct code word wins $1000.

1 Like

I remember Nine News Melbourne running a similar competition circa-2010 in a bid to win back viewers?

That came the year after they only won six ratings weeks (though GTV was the only market where Nine News won any weeks in 2009).

Similarly, this year the bulletin is coming off its worst ratings year for a while, and with Hitch set to retire sometime soon I can’t see things improving in the short term.

1 Like

They have had a similar competition on 2GB and 4BC for the last few weeks. They could be a bit more generous with the prize money is the only comment I’ll make it’s hardly worth the effort.

2 Likes