Nine News Content and Appearance

TV Guide does have a half hour afternoon news on in Adelaide tomorrow at 5:30.

1 Like

Must have been my TV guide glitching lol.

Rather casual look for the weather tonight that must have been from the Nine speedboat :smile:

Brisbane

Gold Coast

6 Likes

9News Melb coming live from Melb Park tonight now the second (Gem) studio is free

5 Likes

No delay to the start of the news tonight. Match finished at 6:05pm

6 Likes

Still looks like it’s coming from in front of a screen. Is it a curtain behind her?

2 Likes

Don’t tell me they made viewers switch during the very dying stages!?

It is a screen that reduces the vibrancy from the background as well as wind. It’s an open air studio where the other networks from around the world are positioned also. You’ll find any studio that faces sunlight will have these screens to reduce the backdrop blowing out or “blooming” on camera.

10 Likes

MBB comes good again! Can also confirm having taken a look attending on Day 4 at the RLA Player Pod balcony facade and seen multiple studios/desks/autocue cameras positioned. Like @OnAir credited, good reliable factual intel :slight_smile:

I do wonder though if this host position is worse than the previous long-standing arrangement in make-shift above ground at Garden Square entry/old broadcast compound, where RLA was back-drop.

3 Likes

Yes they made viewers switch to 9Gem, could have waited a few mins and delay the news

2 Likes

They should never delay the news. It waits for no man.

It waits for most men, given that news events of the preceding day - sometimes several hours old - are usually held for broadcast at 6pm and not shown immediately.

12 Likes

Had it been an Aussie playing today, I think they definitely would have delayed the news rather than move the tennis to 9Gem.

But it does wait for tennis and cricket. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

He’s come out of hiding everyone! :joy:

5 Likes

Worth mentioning the Nine News Brisbane only ran for 30 minutes tonight to accommodate the tennis?

Or that all markets have 30 minute bulletins on Saturday and Sunday with Perth’s at 9pm :astonished:

2 Likes

And still no one will watch it.

looks like Melbourne was the full hr from 6 to 7

and yes looks like Nine news Brisbane ran for 30 mins to accommodate the tennis

have you heard of 24 hour news channels and 9news.com.au?

2 Likes