Nine News Content and Appearance

Also did they start midway through the first headline?

In NSW, VIC and TAS, Nine News is being delayed so that the 5th set tiebreaker of the Hurkacz v Korda match can be shown in its entirety.

6 Likes

Delayed by less than 5 minutes. News started 1 or 2 minutes late.

1 Like

How dare they.

3 Likes

Waiting for you know who to post. :wink:

18 Likes

Seems like Melbourne has completely ditched the standing presentation at the start of the bulletin. Been seated all week.
Honestly looks better like this imo

8 Likes

Meanwhile Nine News Queensland has been finishing before 7pm this week so they can slot in a MAFS promo before going to the tennis. :astonished:

As far as this caption goes - let’s hope not.

2 Likes

Another change I noticed in tonight’s Melbourne bulletin:
They are now using a much tighter shot on Hitch for stories with videowall graphics.
Not a fan again. Much preferred the looser shot they used back when they first launched the set.

Previous:

Tonight:

6 Likes

Interesting. I too prefer the looser shot.

Maybe reverting back to a traditional news framing/composition? Odd

3 Likes

As do I, but I think Director’s like to make a habit of going to tighter shots for more serious stories/bulletins like the shooting above, which is understandable.

1 Like

I wonder what makes the director decide to throw in this angle from the left for the Sydney opener every couple of weeks as seen tonight and 2 weeks ago.

90% of openers seem to be programmed from the right.

4 Likes

About the same proportions as their political coverage probably…

1 Like

Probably sponsored by whichever cruise ship that is docked in the background of both shots.

3 Likes

Like this opening shot?

4 Likes

Every single time I see the Sydney desk it always looks 95% finished. They really need to add the light strips that it looks like they prepared for but then never bothered to install.

11 Likes

Local Adelaide news at 5:30pm today

2 Likes

Nine News Sydney’s map in live report trying to convince us Campbelltown is one kilometre north west of Canberra city.

4 Likes

Hot Seat was on going into Nine News at 6pm.

It seems they have the curtain open out front as there seems to be extra light in the studio today.

1 Like

They’ve been doing that for a while now.

Ah, TV guide said there was a bulletin at 5:30pm