Nine News Content and Appearance

“For all our stories you can log on to our website it’s 9news.com.au on your mobile, tablet or desktop it has updates on all our stories at home and overseas 24 hours a day”

Lol

3 Likes

I wonder if GTV is talking the opportunity to modify its studio while News is coming from the open this weekend.

Why? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

4 Likes

The whole point of having multiple channels is should a sport event go over time and have no interest in watching the end of the game can continue to watch the news as scheduled at 6pm while anyone who wishes to continue to watch the sport event can do so on another channel. The whole concept of having a main channel and a minor channel is an out dated process. You are watching the Nine Network whether you are watching on 9Gem or Channel Nine who cares. The news is on at 6 as per TV Guides it should be broadcast on a Nine network station at 6pm as the news should not wait for anyone. People who wish to watch the news and also the sport event can do so on delay on 9Gem after the sport event finishes. News is important more so than a sport event so it should not be delayed under any circumstance.

1 Like

Highly unlikely imo. If anything, perhaps a new desk to match Sydney (assuming the current desk goes to Tasmania) but I doubt anything will change.
Perhaps we might see camera angle changes etc on Monday for weather/sport to match the new close up used on Hitch.

1 Like

The evening news broadcast is not as important as it was back in say 1985! The Internet has allowed for the news to be accessible at any time, day or night - it even gets updated regularly too!

24 hour news channels exist too, there are avenues to get the news when you want it, I can’t remember the last time I went out of my way to sit down to watch the news - hell, it might have been when Seven relaunched back in April last year.

Yes, the news waits for no-one, because it is accessible whenever you want it these days.

Long story short, the evening news is for people who have way too much time.

10 Likes

All the important stories are on ACA anyway

9 Likes

Whether there is now there is the internet is completely irrelevant and not an excuse.

Local 4pm bulletins return Monday.

5 Likes

Am I understanding your word soup correctly? You are really taking the view that the ease of accessability of news via the internet is irrelevant to the decision to allow a sporting event to run over into news time? It’s 2023, not 1983.

Today Extra was in the TV Guide as starting at 9am, but it didn’t start until around 9:07. Are you as mad at that as you are the 6pm news?

The reality is the TV guide is not a Swiss train timetable, it is a guide. It is subject to change and that includes shows running over their slots.

10 Likes

Do we really have to have this same discussion, instigated by one person, every single time any sport runs past 6:00pm?

Jason is entitled to his opinion and we all well and truly know what that is. Pretty much everyone else disagrees and Jason knows that. It’s basically trolling at this point. Don’t feed it.

I saw 30 new posts and thought relaunch only to see this again :confused:

5 Likes

I agree with you. But I also think this constant commentary about ‘I saw 100 posts and thought relaunch’ is a bit on the naff side too. The point of the forum is to converse and have discussions. It’s ok to do so.

9 Likes

If there really was a relaunch

1. It wouldn’t occur on a Friday night.
  2. There would be more like 300 new posts
  3. The server would have crashed
  4. Poor @bacco007 would have needed to buy all the hamsters available in Tamworth to keep the wheels running.
3 Likes

But there’s no signs of one at this stage as far as I’m aware.

I’m struggling to understand how this has any relation to my comment.

Nine using Melbourne Park for the 5pm news this afternoon.

7 Likes

RELAUNCH???

sorry, don’t penalty box me

3 Likes

Or to help highlight the night of tennis ahead?

6pm

4 Likes

admittedly, I shouldn’t have said anything or responded to those posts - I know that that certain topic is bought up endlessly, and I know that it will keep getting bought up very time the news is delayed. Everyone does have a right to an opinion, but I do agree that some discussions here on this thread do get stale. I apologize.

1 Like

Gee it’s refreshing seeing a half hour news bulletin.

6 Likes