Nine News Content and Appearance

7 Likes

I’m telling you, ask Nine to stop using these NBN News tagouts for national stories anymore. QTQ could’ve just duplicated all national stories Brisbane is receiving without the hassle.

1 Like

Standing presentation Breaking News graphic in Melbourne tonight. First I’ve seen it.

5 Likes

9 Likes

“When Queenslanders are up against it” leans really hard into the idea that its Queensland vs the rest of the world.

Dual standing presentation for special report tonight.

6 Likes

Looks awkward

4 Likes

lol just sit at the desk ffs.

WTF Adelaide?

I know these newsrooms see a lot of death and devastation but are they so immune to the trauma of it that they think it’s a good idea to cover the Uvalde school shooting followed by a celebration of Australian comedy seconds later? And they’re so proud of their effort that they tweet about it. The writers of Frontline couldn’t come up with this shit.

7 Likes

Guess they have to find something to fill their afternoon News hour and this is the best they can serve up :rage:

Not a great choice of content for what’s ‘trending’ and the sequence is even worse.

This report is making waves in QLD - probably one of the only times the hype about a QTQ special report was almost worth it.

For anyone who hasn’t see the story - it detailed the exorbitant taxpayer spending of former (and convicted criminal) Ipswich Mayor Paul Pisasale and colleagues on a trip to Europe 14 years ago - the idea of the trip was to find inspiration for Ipswich innovation in Europe. The end result? A brochure.

I heard reporter Josh Bavas on ABC radio this morning discussing it - watch 7 and everyone else try to play catch-up tonight… it’ll be interesting how they do it because 9 had to RTI the documents they cited and the turn around for an RTI request is a lot slower than 24 hours.

3 Likes

Nine had a good win in Brisbane last night.

Seven had a long report on the story tonight including RTI released images.

Seven tonight vs Nine last night

Nine promo for tonight and follow up

3 Likes

Flashy graphics and fonts in ACA style are bad, but that one exclamation mark in that super says it all for me. Summarises the level of unprofessionalism and sensationalism at QTQ.

6 Likes

I can’t say I’m a fan of these “fake” looks to other presenters, from Charles to Pete a few minutes ago.

I can’t imagine they could actually see each other from where they are, and unless they are in the same shot, i dont think they should do this at all - just stay focused on the camera.

Thoughts?

5 Likes

Wow, corrupt politican is more corrupt - real hard-hitting areas. Its certainly news, but this really overplays it.

I would’ve thought that they were together? First time I’ve otherwise seen anyone do a “fake” throw

I think the big part (which was the focus of the follow up report last night) is that one of the politicians on the trip still sits on council. It’s a big story.

Same here, I don’t remember seeing it before either on any Nine News bulletin.

How is it fake? They are both looking at each other in the correct direction?

Pete is standing right next to the desk?

The were probably both expecting a wide shot for the throw which is what I would usually expect from Nine here - which didn’t transpire. I don’t think there is anything nefarious or deliberate going on here.

1 Like