Nine News Content and Appearance

I can’t quite tell, but is that Livinia’s Weather? :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Definitely Jane Bunn’s

7 Likes

Melissa Downes opened Nine News Queensland from “The Cauldron” tonight. Andrew was in the studio for the balance of the news. Wally, who couldn’t find a maroon tie, presented sport from Suncorp for the Qld news and made a rare appearance for Gold Coast viewers as well. Garry Youngberry presented weather from Caxton St for Qld and for the second time this week for the Gold Coast bulletin.

Gold Coast

6 Likes

Given she just rereads the BoM forecasts, no it’s not “her” weather.

“Weather with Livinia” might be a better name

1 Like

it’s been branded as Livinia’s Weather for a few years now guys, it’s a new graphic look that’s all.

1 Like

I Might Call it Livinia’s Weatherwall

1 Like

Doing the weather on that screen is actually awful. Much better when the weather takes up the full screen, and without the curve.

Disagree. It looks much better Now she isn’t covering a quarter of the graphics by having to shoot the smaller screen.

5 Likes

I agree I prefer the video wall. More professional and a bigger space to work with.

1 Like

I prefer the video wall too, but like I mentioned earlier, they need to zoom in a bit.

Case in point with this example:
The graphics can sometimes take up a tiny portion of the screen and they can be a little hard to see; a lot of dead space on the right of Livinia.

Not a perfect zoom but a bit closer as such would be ideal:

8 Likes

This week in Melbourne Channel 9 has been running a contest where 5 people each day can win $1,000.

You have to watch Hot Seat for the daily trivia question and then go to the website to answer it. The winners are announced later in 9 News.

It runs next week as well (according to the terms and conditions).

5 Likes

Latest Queensland promo - “The spirit of your number one news”. Don’t see the connection myself, but I suppose there doesn’t have to be any logic to these promos.

7 Likes

Wow. I have no idea what any of the sentences actually mean.

9 Likes

Come on really? Sydney have been doing it for ages

That’s garbage

1 Like

Nine’s promo for their ‘scandal of the week’

Also see Seven’s scandal for next week

4 Likes

Scandal aside, 7’s graphics are better lol. The fonts and colours 9 uses are so random.

Minor blooper on Nine News Sydney tonight - Mark Burrows ended his report with “Mark Burrows, NBN News”.

1 Like

Mark Burrows minor blooper tonight in Sydney

“Mark Burrows NBN News”

2 Likes