Nine News Content and Appearance

if it works it works :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

7 Likes

Seen just now during Sydney’s afternoon news.

9 Likes

Looks okay. But seeing the other logo on the side makes it messy

1 Like

Twice tonight in Melbourne I have seen news alerts with no audio apart from the "See it first on Nine News tomorrow at 6.

3 Likes

A lot of timing and on screen graphic issues in Melbourne tonight.

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen this angle and graphic placement before?

Looks a bit plain, but I don’t mind it…

5 Likes

Looks like a glitch to me. He probably had a story on the screen but quickly read the breaking news before it popped up.

5 Likes

Livinia presented Melbourne’s weather from the big video wall!

The closing shot had Clint on the right hand side too, along with a new generic graphic on the video wall in the closer.

The closer itself was a new shot as well.

Looks fantastic now!

Weather graphics were mostly the same, except slightly adjusted for the bigger screen. Felt like they needed to zoom in on the shot just a smidge though.

11 Likes

I saw this tonight.
I like the handover graphic and angle with Alicia and Lavinia. I don’t like the end shot though, it’s too cramped. They need to do the reverse of what they used to do, go further left now and show more of the right side of the set.

I do wonder if maybe the side plasma has died? Or they are just catching up to what Seven are doing in Melbourne. Nine is executing it a lot nicer and their screen seems to be a higher resolution, so you don’t get the awful jaggedness of the images and text unlike Sevens

1 Like

Definitely a move to counter Seven, no doubt.

3 Likes

10 Likes

It’s good to see them doing something…. As I don’t believe Nine have won Melbourne in over 6-8 weeks now?

Also is Hitch on holidays or sick?

Good point. I’m assuming mid year holiday? Peter Mitchell usually takes his in June.

4 Likes

My only issue with this is the cramped cityscape. I’m not sure if maybe they can zoom in the shot so that it stretches across more of the screen but that would look much better.

3 Likes

I’ve mentioned this before too. Definitely need a wider shot.

3 Likes

The Melbourne weather pre-break preview still coming from the right hand side screen.

They also now show tomorrow’s forecast for Geelong right before the city.

1 Like

Some caps of the updated presentation elements in Melbourne throughout the bulletin

10 Likes

Nice to see all that stark white disappear.

1 Like