Nine News Content and Appearance

Seven before they introduced that graphic.

I personally hate having the angles visible in the close up shots. They aren’t needed and it clutters the screen. Too much going on.

1 Like

All that blue! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I thought it was just to make it harder to notice his eye.

3 Likes

State of Origin…

I realise that.
But it’s also such a vibrant blue. Doesn’t look good on tv.

I love blue! No such thing as too much blue.
(nb. I am also a NSW and Cronulla Sharks supporter :smile: ).

2 Likes

I think you’re right, it looks like they were just trying to avoid closeups tonight.

Or maybe this us why they avoided the close-ups.

Newsreader shocks with eye admission:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/newsreader-peter-overtons-onair-explanation-about-eye-condition/news-story/c6126bbe48c15f60bfee0f86791831c6

Anyone else think perhaps Pete should have just had time off to let his eye settle?

I think it was purely a visual thing, but not affecting his vision. (Pardon the pun)

Just like having a bruise etc

1 Like

Agree, he said “it looks worse than it actually is”.

Graphics don’t seem to be playing nice in Melbourne tonight.
A few glitches with the supers and a massive Nine News logo appeared behind Pete.

1 Like

Issues with story graphics in Sydney

5 Likes

That happened a lot last night too. Strange they couldn’t fix the mistake throughout the day.

1 Like

I doubt it’s a mistake. Probably something to do with Pete’s eye.

2 Likes

Certainly looks like a mistake.

The issue as Nicholas mentioned. Was only on screen for 5 or so seconds before it faded back to the skyline backdrop.

6 Likes

I don’t think they used any videowall graphics after that for the rest of the bulletin.

1 Like

They did have a couple of close up shots of Peter, there was nothing obviously wrong with his eye to me.