Nine News Content and Appearance

Saw a glimpse of the new flags during a promo of 9news State Of Origin, this morning.

2 Likes

Caps? What do they look like?

Likely, probably, absolutely identical to what we’ve already seen:

4 Likes

Some caps from openers tonight

Brisbane:

Gold Coast - note live back drop not used tonight.

4 Likes

Camera confusion on Nine News Sydney tonight:

Big Brother might need to do a head count. Looks like Farmer Dave has escaped.

7 Likes

So it looks local for the viewers (unlike 10 News)

Sydney promo

4 Likes
4 Likes

Lighting is slightly brighter tonight (as visible above ^)

Pete is also presenting the second story standing up too tonight which never happens.

6 Likes

In breaking news, it’s winter in Melbourne. Not going to fix the ratings with silly tweets like this Hitch, no matter how nice you are.

Well, it has apparently been Melbourne’s coldest start to winter in 70 years, so I think his tweet is in context.

9 Likes

If the “coldest in 70 years” is the main bit of the story, and the point of the tweet is to get attention, then put it in the tweet. It’s not hard.

Second night without the live backdrop for Gold Coast

A view from a spot similar to the live background was used during the weather so it appears not to be due to camera malfunction.

7 Likes

Doesnt look very comfortable doing that.

1 Like

Well he is 75 years old.

Even as a 50 year old, I much prefer sitting down too :smile:

1 Like

Safe to say… a little bit like Petter Mitchell over at 7? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random Mocks

I don’t think he looks too bad! Has a better presenting style standing then Peter Mitchell. The angles of the setup make Nine look heaps better too.

The weekend sport preview in Melbourne is now presented from the desk (like the weekday bulletin) instead of being previewed from the lefthand-side screen

A new promo aired as well featuring Hitch and the news crew

6 Likes

They somehow butchered what would have been a great long closer here:

6 Likes