Nine News Content and Appearance

Previously they would upload the 6pm bulletins from around the country. They must have stopped due to the Olympics.

Probably worth elaborating that the reason behind that decision relates to the copyright of games within Australia. 7 owns the rights and so everyone else have very strict rules they have to follow (ie, don’t post any vision on socials, only broadcast a certain amount of footage a day etc.

Because of this, uploading full bulletins (which contains clips of the Olympics through reports) would breach the copyright agreement.

From memory, they also didn’t upload bulletins to 9Now during the Tokyo games as well.

5 Likes

So in other words, Nine are too lazy to make any adjustments for their 9Now audience, like clipping out the Olympics stories.

14 Likes
4 Likes

is it just me or did Melbourne studio look the smallest out of all the other sets?

I’d say Sydney is the current smallest.

I think Perth is the biggest, then Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney then NBN. (Not counting Darwin as it is in QTQ)

Brisbane is the second smallest behind Sydney. They don’t have a left hand video wall at all.
Melbourne and Adelaide seem about the same.

What’s this talk about set sizes? I thought they were all the same size (give or take the LHS video walls in Queensland and Sydney).

2 Likes

Not if you count NBN, as it is smaller than all of them.

Correct. The main background frame, floor platform, and desk, are the same size in each state. The only differences are the right and left walls. A wide angle camera lens can make some of the sets look bigger than what they are.

6 Likes

Gold Coast looks very small, not much bigger than a broom closet.
Their screen looks to be at an odd angle to the desk for space reasons.

All screens are angled so there isn’t the reflection of lighting. You’ll notice all are, (the big plasmas I’m talking)

3 Likes

I doubt they would be plasmas?

That technology was discontinued in consumer grade Tv’s some years ago, they were notorious for image retention/ burn in.

They would most likely be LCDs or green screens?

3 Likes

If we are talking about the big glossy screens, mostly used for weather in the metro market, that’s what I am referring to.

weather screen, studio right, is a 110" plasma. No greenscreen weather, for many years.

3 Likes

Gold Coast News with Eva on location tonight.

Brisbane at 6pm

Update:

5 Likes

Don’t believe we have seen this before.

8 Likes

Live shot from Kyiv on Nine’s Afternoon News in Sydney.

6 Likes

I like it actually. They should use it for major breaking news

1 Like