Nine News Content and Appearance

Adelaide did that also, but with 6pm from the show/5pm from studio. GTV however only has weather from the Royal Melbourne Show with 4pm/6pm in studio.

Far out that’s nostalgic!

1 Like

I went on a tour of Nine (GTV) today in Melbourne. DM me to see photos

Also Royal Show set:

10 Likes

Oooo 9THER. New channel? :rotating_light:

15 Likes

I saw this report tonight and was like WTAF?!

4 Likes

You should post them in Broadcast Facilities, would be really cool to see.

4 Likes

I’ll upload the photos soon to members who DMed me.

Also, I went to the Royal Melbourne Show and appeared in the weather:

A few interesting things here:

The right side of the desk looks different due to a pillar for building support being there. It cannot be removed, so it was decorated.

The bulletin may be moved to 5pm with Adelaide/Perth, although not sure if or if not.

1 Like

How did that come up about the afternoon news moving to 5pm?

1 Like

What are the Melbourne 4pm news ratings like? @TV.Cynic

not exact quote, but explains how it was brought up

“I noticed this year Nine lost to Seven, would there be any changes etc. moving the afternoon news to 5pm?”

1 Like

You asked them? And what was the response?

Nine seems to win most afternoons; quite comprehensively.

3 Likes

Doubt they’d want to risk losing that audience. Unless they think they can gain more from 10 News First.

Something to do with Hot Seat rating well in Sydney, can’t remember well. Also, one of the reasons NRL is on the main channel in Melbourne is “to boost ratings for NRL”

Also the current successor for Hitch is still Alicia Loxley, Hitch personally said he would like her to take over.

5 Likes

which one are you?

What pillar?

This blue thing is the pillar that supports the foundation on the building. It is on the bottom floor of the building. Not as easy as removing it as then the building will crumble down.

5 Likes

Ah, so that’s what that is.

A video showing BTS of the start of 4pm news:

Hint: Tall, near front, wearing hat

10 Likes

This has been mentioned in other areas but not the Nine News thread. Previously was on Juice.

2 Likes