Nine News Content and Appearance

Never seen this animation before (the live cross animation at the start)

4 Likes

Looks great, but I doubt it will be used often seeing as it basically looks to only be used on a video wall.

2 Likes

NBN News has done that animation for ages.

2 Likes

9 News Sydney have had that for months on their afternoon news

Even tonight, Nine QLD still managed to get some cash into their promo for the 6pm bulletin.

2 Likes

Nine’s Early News returned this morning.

9 Likes

…More garbage promos tonight about knee pain.
Does Andrew Lofthouse always add his own commentary after a report? Tonight, after the story about a murder he said, “it’s a tangled web” before moving on to the next story… seemed a bit inappropriate. Usually newsreaders only make a comment about the fluff piece towards the end of a bulletin.

3 Likes

Nine Melbourne just played a 6pm preview which used the cow bell theme. Not sure how long they’ve used it for these previews.
I only remember seeing it on promo endboards.
I actually wouldn’t mind seeing a return of it :eyes:

1 Like

I LOVED the cowbell theme.

1 Like

What’s the cowbell theme?

1 Like

Oh I was referring to the 2006 theme. Wasn’t it referred to as the cow bells?

EDIT: My bad, I’m in the wrong era. :slight_smile:

GTV brought it back in 2006 when they hated the new understated one that was used elsewhere. It only lasted a little while before the cow bells came back in Melbourne.

Elsewhere the cowbells weren’t used prior, it was a GTV version mostly.

Eg:

1 Like

Yes my bad, but they were using the original 2006 theme in the preview today,

1 Like

Ah, yeah they have been using the 2005 theme for a while. It’s even been used on promos for radio too

Andrew Lofthouse added a comment again tonight, this time after talking to a reporter in studio about the Mackay hospital. “Yes the timetable is interesting isn’t it,” he said, or words very close to that.
This followed 3 stories in a row bashing the state gov over hospitals etc, and giving quite a bit of air time to the opposition leader/s. It seems to be a trend of late.

3 Likes

Speaking of the ‘cowbell theme’, Adelaide used it until at least until 2009. They never used the east coast version that began in 2006

3 Likes

That would have to be the most bizzare opener I have ever seen. Butchered the theme, weird “US action news” style helicopter shot… the weird sliding things coming out of the logo.

4 Likes

Although I do quite like the theme heard in thevopening sequence directly after the headlines :sweat_smile: But yes it was a weird era for Adelaide back in 2006, pretty much doing their own thing. They were owned by Southern Cross at this time, however their previous package was largely based on the same package as the east coast stations

You’ve clearly never seen the BTQ opener of 1987 … it’ll haunt your nightmares :laughing:

1 Like