Nine News Content and Appearance

Since the crash zoom has been ditched for the title card with Nine News Melbourne, I am not liking the tight zoomed in shots on the presenter on the first story and for the preview and handover to sport. The previous shots were much better and it feels uncomfortable to have those shots zoomed in tightly. So the modifications were half good and half bad in my opinion.

I also don’t like how the sport preview is done from the lined screen on weekends. Do it from the desk like on weekdays.

New use of OTS graphics on the Sydney bulletin tonight with the reporter on location appearing over Overton’s left shoulder.

1 Like

This

6 Likes

An oversized Peter Overton was also caught lurking behind the desk as well.

16 Likes

Not sure I like that. Bit strange.

2 Likes

Seems it just meant sport

4 Likes

Nine seemed to use this angle a lot tonight.

I wonder if it is a reaction to Seven having the oversized logo on the left of the screen behind the presenter. Hope not. Much prefer the full city shot.

10 Likes

I can never understand why higher rating stations always respond to the lower ones.

3 Likes

Here’s a question. Do we prefer Nine or Seven’s Sydney backdrop? I find Nine’s backdrop is zoomed in too much on the Harbour Bridge, whereas Seven has the right angle. Thoughts?

Seven before they introduced that graphic.

I personally hate having the angles visible in the close up shots. They aren’t needed and it clutters the screen. Too much going on.

1 Like

All that blue! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I thought it was just to make it harder to notice his eye.

3 Likes

State of Origin…

I realise that.
But it’s also such a vibrant blue. Doesn’t look good on tv.

I love blue! No such thing as too much blue.
(nb. I am also a NSW and Cronulla Sharks supporter :smile: ).

2 Likes

I think you’re right, it looks like they were just trying to avoid closeups tonight.

Or maybe this us why they avoided the close-ups.

Newsreader shocks with eye admission:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/newsreader-peter-overtons-onair-explanation-about-eye-condition/news-story/c6126bbe48c15f60bfee0f86791831c6

Anyone else think perhaps Pete should have just had time off to let his eye settle?

I think it was purely a visual thing, but not affecting his vision. (Pardon the pun)

Just like having a bruise etc

1 Like