NRL on Nine

Completely agree with your thoughts and have thought the same thing about how they don’t look symmetrical. Your ‘mock’ is perfect.

2 Likes

and also have the time between the scores?

Lol. I honestly wasn’t expecting it and was going off what has been done in the past.

News Corp reports Ray Warren will voice a guest character in a new episode of Bluey which will air on ABC Kids on Thursday, June 23, ahead of State of Origin game 2. The episode, titled The Decider, will feature the Heelers and Lucky’s family watching an Origin clash. It is believed the episode will focus on themes of loyalty and groups, and the dynamics of families where members follow different sporting teams.

EDIT:

7 Likes

Promo

5 Likes

State of Origin 2 heads up rep round this week on Channel 9HD

ORIGIN II EXCLUSIVELY LIVE AND FREE – SUNDAY 7.00PM

WOMEN’S STATE OF ORIGIN – FRIDAY NIGHT LIVE AND FREE

PACIFIC INTERNATIONALS – SATURDAY

AVAILABLE ON CHANNEL 9 AND TO STREAM ON 9NOW

Four huge days of representative footy on the 9Network will culminate in the second game of the most electrifying series in recent memory when State of Origin II is broadcast Exclusively Live and Free on Channel 9HD and 9Now from Sunday, June 26, at 7.00pm AEST.

The New South Wales Blues are out to level the series at Optus Stadium in Perth after being out-muscled in Sydney by the Queensland Maroons in the opening game of the series.

Hosted by James Bracey , the Wide World of Sports commentary team for Origin II features a lineup of rugby league greats, with Andrew Johns, Cameron Smith, Johnathan Thurston, Phil Gould, Paul Vautin, Paul Gallen and Darren Lockyer all on hand to dissect every moment of the action, and Mat Thompson calling the game live, flanked by Johns and Smith.

In the heat of battle, Wide World of Sports will cross live during play to both Origin coaches, Billy Slater and Brad Fittler, for their view on the progress of their teams.

Danika Mason will deliver all the breaking news from the sideline alongside Gallen, and Allana Ferguson will join the panel in Perth.

9Now will stream the game live with the most comprehensive coverage, featuring four additional streams to choose from:
– Coaches Cam – A split-screen of NSW coach Brad Fittler and QLD coach Billy Slater
– Player Cam NSW – Nathan Cleary
– Player Cam QLD – Cameron Munster
– Spidercam – An eagle-eye view of play to take you even closer to the action

You can also catch up with all the best bits of Origin II in the 20-minute breakdown on 9Now mini-match .

Plus, in the pre-game coverage, viewers will go behind the scenes like never before, seeing how Karl Stefanovic joined the winning Maroons team and Ben Fordham followed the Blues in Sydney on game day in Origin I.

On Thursday night, the rep round extravaganza begins with the Women’s Under 19 State of Origin match from 5.30pm on 9GemHD, followed by the Men’s Under 19 State of Origin from 7.30pm on Channel 9HD, both at one of rugby league’s most famous grounds: Leichhardt Oval in Sydney.

Then the stand-alone spectacle of Women’s State of Origin 2022 shines on Friday night when NSW captain Kezie Apps aims her backline strike weapons Isabelle Kelly and Jessica Sergis at the reigning champion Queensland Maroons captained by Ali Brigginshaw .

On Saturday, all the power and passion of the finest rugby league talent in the Pacific Islands will be on display in four back-to-back test matches, including the return of the highly emotive New Zealand vs Tonga fixture.

BROADCAST TIMES – REPRESENTATIVE ROUND
AMPOL STATE OF ORIGIN II – NEW SOUTH WALES v QUEENSLAND
Sunday, June 26 – Exclusively Live and Free from Optus Stadium, Perth

Sydney 7.00pm LIVE on Channel 9HD and 9Now
Brisbane 7.00pm LIVE on Channel 9HD and 9Now
Melbourne 7.00pm LIVE on Channel 9HD and 9Now
Adelaide 6.30pm LIVE on 9GemHD, 7.00pm on Channel 9HD and 9Now
Perth 5.00pm LIVE on 9GemHD, 5.30pm on Channel 9HD and 9Now

PACIFIC INTERNATIONALS
Saturday, June 25 – Live and Free

Women’s Intl NZ vs Tonga 1.00pm Channel 9HD* and 9Now
NZ vs Tonga 3.20pm Channel 9HD* and 9Now
Samoa vs Cook Islands 5.30pm 9GemHD and 9Now
Papua New Guinea vs Fiji 7.30pm Channel 9HD* and 9Now
*All games shown in 9GemHD in Melbourne

UNDER 19 ORIGIN – NEW SOUTH WALES v QUEENSLAND
Thursday, June 23 – Live and Free from Leichhardt Oval, Sydney

Sydney 7.30pm LIVE on Channel 9HD and 9Now
Brisbane 7.30pm LIVE on Channel 9HD and 9Now
Melbourne 7.30pm LIVE on 9GemHD and 9Now
Adelaide 7.00pm LIVE on 9GemHD and 9Now
Perth 5.30pm LIVE on 9GemHD and 9Now

Under 19 Women’s State of Origin is Live on 9GEMHD from 5.30pm AEST.

ORIGIN II GAME DAY BUILD-UP ON CHANNEL 9

WEEKEND TODAY – Live from 8.00am AEST. Charles Croucher is live from Optus Stadium, Perth with special guests from both teams and Channel 9’s expert commentators.

SPORTS SUNDAY – Live from 10.00am AEST. Roz Kelly is joined by Mark Taylor for an update on all the latest news from the week in sport from around the globe. Queensland’s most capped Origin player, Cameron Smith, joins the show from Perth.

SUNDAY NRL FOOTY SHOW: ORIGIN II SPECIAL – Live from 11.00am AEST.
Host Emma Lawrence is joined by former NSW Women’s captain Ruan Sims, former Maroon Sam Thaiday and Chief Sports Writer of The Sydney Morning Herald , Andrew Webster. The panel will also cross to Johnathan Thurston inside Maroons camp in Perth.

9NEWS – Sydney, Brisbane and Perth’s 9News bulletins on Sunday will go live from Optus Stadium with all the latest news.

WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS DIGITAL – Available on 9Now and YouTube

Watch Six Tackles with Gus – Phil Gould and Mat Thompson preview State of Origin II and Rep Round

Immortal Behaviour – Origin Special with Andrew Johns and Danika Mason

IMMORTAL BEHAVIOUR – The eighth rugby league Immortal, Andrew Johns, previews Origin II in his unique fashion alongside Danika Mason.

QUEENSLANDER – The Sunshine State’s favourite sons, Wally “The King” Lewis and Darren Lockyer, give their Maroon-coloured preview of how the Queenslanders are shaping up for Origin II.

WWOS.NINE.COM.AU It’s the #1 online destination for all your Origin news content.
– Live blog featuring video highlights and analysis from Channel 9’s Origin commentator
– A comprehensive Match Centre, featuring video highlights, scores and stats
– The Mole’s no-holds-barred Player Ratings
– Match reports and analysis capturing all the big moments of the game

3 Likes

Is tonight’s match of the “Under 19’s State of Origin” the first time it has aired on Nine’s main channel in Sydney and Brisbane? It’s airing on 9Gem in the other cities.

I know in the past the under 21’s (aka Jersey Flegg) Grand Final aired on the main channels. But this under 19’s Origin may be the first on the main channel?

1 Like

Will anyone watch it? I think they are diluting the brand with all these spin-off games. The AFL Under 19 state comp isn’t televised on primetime FTA.

The ratings will be interesting… but good on them for showing it. It has been good viewing, but won’t be everyone’s cup of tea of course.

4 Likes

Pretty sure it was similar last year but in November.

3 Likes

I think so. Not a bad match to watch. Watched it every year since it was first on Fox. I would also ask Is this the first time Channel 9 has had all pacific test matches? Or did they do that last year?

1 Like

Update - sorry I checked and it wasn’t shown last year.

2 Likes

All good.

And going by last nights ratings, it probably wont be shown on Njne’s main channel from next year. Probably will go on 9Gem instead if it has to be shown.

1 Like

Some graphics from NZ

6 Likes

According to The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield, Mat Thompson is out of contract at the end of this NRL season. His new agent George Mimis (who manages several members of Nine and Fox Sports commentary teams) told the paper that he would start contract negotiations with Nine in the near future, and is hoping the network will do more to promote Thompson on air.

2 Likes

It is very interesting that 9 don’t promote him on air. He’s never actually featured on air, only his commentary. This isn’t the first time that it’s been mentioned, so I assume that it’s all coming from him and that he wants on air appearances.

I actually don’t believe that 9 want him as their Number 1 caller. People like Dan Ginnane & Warren Smith have been offered commentary positions at 9 in the past, however, given Ray Warren was working, there was no reason for them to go there. Now that Rabs has retired, it would not at all surprise me if 9 chase Ginnane, Smith or even Voss to be their Number 1 caller with the opportunity to call NRL GF’s and Origin. This could be their thinking which would relegate Thompson to Number 2 caller and explain why they never mention or show him on air.

Watch this space!

There was an edict a few years ago that Mat Thompson was not permitted to be seen on air. It was reported in the papers. Found it quite bizarre. It’s as though he has leprosy or something.

He’s carved out a good career at nine and his voice suits the game. He just doesn’t have the high profile to be the main caller. That’s nines fault for poor succession planning over the years.

There aren’t really that many stand out play by play callers in league.

2 Likes

Any chance Ray Hadley will return to Nine as their key NRL caller?

Hell no. Hadley was bad the previous time at 9

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but I also think Peter Psaltis (caller for most Queensland games) is also never seen on-air as well?

1 Like