Nine News Content and Appearance

If the “coldest in 70 years” is the main bit of the story, and the point of the tweet is to get attention, then put it in the tweet. It’s not hard.

Second night without the live backdrop for Gold Coast

A view from a spot similar to the live background was used during the weather so it appears not to be due to camera malfunction.

7 Likes

Doesnt look very comfortable doing that.

1 Like

Well he is 75 years old.

Even as a 50 year old, I much prefer sitting down too :smile:

1 Like

Safe to say… a little bit like Petter Mitchell over at 7? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random Mocks

I don’t think he looks too bad! Has a better presenting style standing then Peter Mitchell. The angles of the setup make Nine look heaps better too.

The weekend sport preview in Melbourne is now presented from the desk (like the weekday bulletin) instead of being previewed from the lefthand-side screen

A new promo aired as well featuring Hitch and the news crew

6 Likes

They somehow butchered what would have been a great long closer here:

6 Likes

Good

There were so many bloopers, errors and no super content on today’s First at Five bulletin.

Major blooper at 12.50 and as NewsKing mentioned above the long closer music cut off and just had the basic sound track.

My family thought the music was broken cause it was playing on repeat for like almost a minute. I see no point in having a long closer, just go to an ad or something. Melbourne has one of the messiest bulletin’s out of all major cities.

3 Likes

Have been watching 9 News Brisbane the last couple of nights…
Have noticed Melissa Downes is quite expressive when reading… is that normal or is the “dramatic” nature of their stories adding to this? You can also see her hands gesturing as she reads.
Also noted for the second night, 9 News is “crunching the numbers” for us.
Typo on the super for the story about the Biloela family… “suprise” instead of “surprise”.
And poor old Wally Lewis… after all these years, his reading voice hasn’t changed or improved.

3 Likes

Needs more red.

9 Likes

Has anyone else noticed that for the past week Melbourne has already changed its approach to the new opener? Instead of the two to three seconds of the headline bed before the main theme kicks in, they just start with the main theme and so the title card only comes up for a second at best.

3 Likes

Yes… it was reported last week.

2 Likes

The stupid drums are still there at the start though. I’d prefer the proper start to theme like it used to be in Melbourne .

1 Like

What was reported last week? The change to the opener just three days after it was changed?

I don’t think the “change” you’re referring to is one… might be just a case that the timings may have been off and they rolled the intro before the queue cutting off the horrid drum mashup.

That’s what I initially thought but it’s happened every night since last Wednesday/Thursday night.

Maybe the director hates the drums intro and is doing it deliberately :rofl:

3 Likes