Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Some automation problems during the early part of Nine News Sydney tonight.

Peter Overton summed up the situation as “the bulletin is controlled by a computer. And it seems that the computer has taken control of a human… I’m just going to do what my producer tells me” and then waited a couple of seconds for instructions to come through his earpiece.

6 Likes

who really cares? Nine are trying to do their best in a major situation, the bulletin is for Adelaide, so naturally they’ll put an Adelaide background!

12 Likes

Wait so Amelia Adams was doing Adelaide’s news tonight? Sorry I’m in Adelaide and you know, kinda don’t have power lol

8 Likes

Brenton Ragless is back presenting round #2. … " Breaking " Opener was used.

7 Likes

ABC is doing the same thing, but was unable to watch on my phone because every other tom, dick and Harry must be using the mobile network at the moment so reception is very slow

I certainly don’t disagree, but unfortunately these sorts of complaints have happened before. Remember the flak that Seven copped from the media for using a live backdrop of Brisbane for their 2011 floods coverage which was actually presented from Sydney?

1 Like

Don’t really get how it’s deceptive, it’s a bulletin for Adelaide, they aren’t going to use the Sydney background.

It’s no different to a regional broadcaster in Queensland who uses 7 different ‘liveshots’ when all bulletins are presented from the Sunshine Coast.

6 Likes

Amelia Adams is now back presenting the rest of the days news from Sydney:

3 Likes

I would have thought that Nine in Adelaide would have been in a better position than others to handle this locally given they have such new studios. Didn’t they plan for the possibility of a lengthy blackout at the new location?

5 Likes

SA BLACKOUT
LIVE NOW: Our special 9 News bulletin on South Australia’s blackout and storms.

Rob Kelvin presented the local 5pm bulletin, watched it on 9Now before deciding to conserve phone battery.

1 Like

Videos of the technical issues:

Didn’t have the tuner card recording unfortunately, so it’s off the TV screen.

6 Likes

7 News Perth is shot in SD using the Sony IMX 50 setting.

I recorded one of those updates last week.

It’s 9 Minutes into this video

4 Likes

6 Likes

Did 7 or 10 produce anything for Adelaide tonight?

1 Like

From the very little I saw on the streams, Ten Adelaide seemed to run it’s 5pm bulletin as usual and Seven seemed to run it’s 6pm bulletin followed by Today Tonight as usual.

2 Likes

Power was well and truly out by 5pm. So really the only way people here would have been able to view would have been through live streaming. ABC SA was the same

Nine News will have a special live news at 8:30am tomorrow to update everyone in Adelaide on what happened today and the terrible weather still on the way which means TODAY will be live tomorrow morning.
https://twitter.com/9Adelaide/status/781093215596195840

5 Likes

I wonder why 830am

More people are watching Tv at 730am, 7am and 8am than 8.30 - they are out the door by then