Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Nine News Early Edition is live into Adelaide, and no doubt Today will be too, so a local ‘filler’ bulletin at 8:30 am will put the Adelaide schedule back to normal starting with Today Extra.

6 Likes

There was also an issue at the end of the 9News Melbourne bulletin last night. After Petes sign off, they threw to the wide shot but the side plasma went black, and there was no overlaying VT like in the usual closer. So a very awkward 10 seconds of banter between Pete and Justine.

1 Like

Promised news made it to air at 8.40am CST

6 Likes

Kate Collins presenting the Nine News special bulletin in Adelaide, started at 8:39 once the news headlines on Today finished, threw to it just as Today Extra started.

1 Like

Wow, I’m amazed that they have the facilities to do 5 live crosses at the same time!

1 Like

Well just like Perth, Nine News Adelaide is one of the most technically advanced studios in the country.

3 Likes

Also you didn’t happen to get a video by any chance did you? I missed the memo on that one lol

Yes - will upload.

3 Likes

Some highlights of Adelaide’s special morning bulletin.

4 Likes

Computer system takes control of live Nine News bulletin causing on-air trainwreck

A MAJOR technical issue during last night’s Nine News bulletin in Sydney had producers panicking and viewers cringing as computers took control of the studio.

Sources told News Corp Australia there have been teething problems with the 6pm news now running on an automated computer system, replacing many functions of a studio crew and director.

It’s programmed to punch out the studio directions itself with everything from which camera angle, to sound and playing stories.

It’s believed a number of studio staff lost their jobs when the new system was introduced about six months ago.

2 Likes

I knew that we were going to see some major Nine News Sydney On-Air stuff-ups when they implemented automated studio control. They haven’t proven me wrong!

Although with Nine News in all major capital cities except Brisbane (and even then, I’d probably expect QTQ to eventually go automated once they launch a new set and HD, etc.) now using automation, I think it’s rather highly unlikely we’ll see TCN go back to manual studio control especially when the network has made cost cutting in other areas of the news service. Eg, chopper sharing agreements.

1 Like

Sarah Connor where are you?

2 Likes

Haven’t seen this “generic” sport graphic used before, as seen during tonight’s bulletin…

12 Likes

That’s hideous

4 Likes

That looks awful.

Even worse, part of the Nine News logo would probably be cut off on a standard TV because of overscan! :open_mouth:

6 Likes

LOL. I actually thought I was looking at the Random Mocks thread when I first saw this

1 Like

Bit off a blooper tonight in Melbourne… Despite Justine presenting the weather this happened…

4 Likes

[quote=“marquisite, post:1234, topic:67”]
…A local ‘filler’ bulletin at 8:30 am will put the Adelaide schedule back to normal starting with Today Extra.
[/quote] And again this morning:

1 Like

Special bulletin presented from OB at Glenelg

6 Likes

Flash back to the 90s

1 Like