Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

except for the wipes, I like that opener.

A couple of images from 9 Gold Coast News 20th birthday bulletin. First story was about the 20th with archive footage then into regular news

Will post more caps and video later.

3 Likes

Rob Readings hasn’t changed much in the last 20 years lol. Was he part of the special? Or any of the other previous anchors?

What I didn’t like was the pointless intro announcing “With Basil Zempalis and Natalia Cooper”. And then they weren’t seen until the end of the bulletin!

1 Like

The nostalgia part of 9 Gold Coast bulletin was a clip package showing news events and included a number of journos who had got their start on the bulletin.

Captures from report on 20th birthday:

From rest of bulletin

1 Like

While the video of tonight’s bulletin uploads please enjoy this vintage clip of the 1997 bulletin opener I uploaded featuring Rob Readings. :grinning:

3 Likes

Video of bulletin highlights - took a while to upload. Worth noting the association with Hot Tomato 102.9 as seen in the celebrations.

4 Likes

that was some of the most painful television I’ve ever watched.

On Wednesday evening, Nine News Perth will be hosting an appeal for the bushfire affected areas. Hosted by Tim McMillian. http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/01/nine-to-stage-bushfire-appeal-for-wa.html

Should we expect a new look for 9 News in 2016, at least new sets on the East Coast? Yesterday, when I was watching the local Afternoon News in QLD, I noticed a light cover on the desk was missing, with the light bulbs clearly seen. Fingers crossed this means something. Even if QTQ, gets a set similar to STW and Adelaide, I think makes more sense as they are double headers unlike TCN and GTV, would be nice.

2 Likes

I did notice that a plasma displaying the usual Sydney news exchange backdrop was used as the set for the Afternoon News (and probably Morning News as well) yesterday. Is it a sign of change? Who knows…

I’m not sure whether we should expect a new look for Nine News in 2016, however I definitely do think that the East Coast sets should be updated after six years (really…Sydney’s set will turn seven years old this June!) mostly unchanged.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:51, topic:67”]
I did notice that a plasma displaying the usual Sydney news exchange backdrop was used as the set for the Afternoon News
[/quote] What do you mean by this? Where, in Studio 3?[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:51, topic:67”]
Is it a sign of change? Who knows…
[/quote] Well of the past few months, Nine Early News, early News updates during Mornings and Nine News Now have all moved from Studio 3 to Studio 23/24, so maybe the national set is getting a tweak.[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:51, topic:67”]
Sydney’s set will turn seven years old this June!)
[/quote] I think out of all the East Coast, Melbourne’s could last another 1 year-18 months. Not only is it newer, the black instead of wood possible keeps the set more younger looking.

Most likely yes. It’s to my understanding that in place of the usual transition between bulletins, there was an ad break between Nine News Now finishing and the Afternoon News starting which would allow for a presenter swap to look seamless on air despite using a tiny set.

1 Like

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:53, topic:67”]
Most likely yes. It’s to my understanding that in place of the usual transition between bulletins, there was an ad break between Nine News Now finishing and the Afternoon News starting which would allow for a presenter swap to look seamless on air despite using a tiny set.
[/quote] Oh, you mean the standby ACA set. That is Studio 23 /24, Studio 3 is the newsroom with the national set. I did notice Nine News Now had an unusal break before the Afternoon News.

1 Like

happened yesterday too, except yesterday they had time for the weather, today it was dropped.

1 Like

[quote=“MarkHD, post:55, topic:67”]
happened yesterday too, except yesterday they had time for the weather, today it was dropped.
[/quote] Thanks. Was the national Afternoon News presented from the same studio?

honestly didn’t pay that much attention, was flicking between it and the tennis. Sorry.

1 Like

There was something of a ‘Hendo’ moment on Nine News Sydney tonight.

The studio lights went out on Peter Overton, who was just about to hand over to Yvonne Sampson for sports news, and quipped, “Vonnie, can someone go and put 20 cents in the meter?” (in reference to Hendo’s comment when a similar thing happened to him years ago).

They then had a wide shot, which showed Peter in the dark, but the lights were still working for Yvonne and the rest of the set.

4 Likes

hope somebody was recording this

Not sure where this should go but here are some images of the 9 News Perth special event ‘WA Stands Together’ in aid of the recent southwest town of Yarloop bushfires.

Alison Langdon, Peter Stefanovic and Richard Wilkins joining the local Perth team.

3 Likes