Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

And I would have to agree with you :stuck_out_tongue:

Will be interesting to see if any of these elements make it into the other bulletins. IE the blue globe with the wrap around logo, the dotty background etc.

or with the city in the background.

The idea of it kind of reminds me of the old package from 2002/03. Something like this re-designed for 2016 and a real city scape behind would be great.

4 Likes

that would look very cool and a lot less bland

I like that idea too

Hey Grady, I know you’re probably heaps busy with other mock items. But what’s the likelihood you could do something like that to fit Leostar’s description?

i actually haven’t got anything on the charts at the moment other than long term re-creations, i can sure give it a try no guarantees.

2 Likes

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but this Saturday Nine Gold Coast News will be airing a special edition: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/01/airdate-gold-coast-news-20th-anniversary-edition.html.
I am actually surprised that this bulletin hasn’t begun airing on weekends. I understand that this bulletin enormously helps Nine News at 6 on the Gold Coast and helps the ratings for Nine News on the south east. This year I would also like to see more resources and funding into the Gold Coast bureau.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, the actual anniversary for Nine Gold Coast News will be on the 22nd of January so they’re celebrating it a bit early!

Nonetheless, it’s good to see Nine marking the milestone with something. :smile:

Nine News Live Stream Chopper Cam

2 Likes

As of 3.30, Queensland is receiving the national Nine Afternoon News LIVE due to the Jakarta Bomb blasts until the conclusion of the bulletin. The local afternoon was obviously pushed back til 4.30

2 Likes

Why does Nine News Perth start with a the two standing presenters and Tim saying “Welcome to Nine News” before the headlines?

Point of difference to Seven perhaps?

1 Like

[quote=“MLVD, post:32, topic:67, full:true”]
Why does Nine News Perth start with a the two standing presenters and Tim saying “Welcome to Nine News” before the headlines?
[/quote] Something different. I think they started about when Libby Stone began her tenure.

1 Like

Yes that’s when they started doing it. And iirc the Seven News Perth VO says at the beginning of that bulletin: “This is Seven News” so it’s similar I guess

1 Like

7 Perth haven’t done that for some time.

2 Likes

I stand corrected

1 Like

No worries mate. The Tim/Emmy standing thing which I think did start with Tim/Libby is so clunky. But they also do the Emmy in the middle of the desk with Tim at the far right on an angle too which is a little odd. Do other 9 cities do that?

1 Like

I actually don’t mind their little intro and nah other cities don’t do it as far as I know

2 Likes

At least 7 perth dropped this style opener…

2 Likes