Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

This Instagram post from Wendy Kingston (check out the screens!) gives us a decent look at the new Nine Gold Coast News set: https://www.instagram.com/p/BHq2JUVhJze/

3 Likes

Kind of looks like Ten’s Perth set

1 Like

All I see is Seven News Sydney Set

Just saw Melbourne news reporter Neary Ty interviewing some motorists at a breath test stop.

BTS look at Gold Coast set shown on Brisbane Afternoon News

7 Likes

Not sure about the desk, the rest looks good though! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks like a lighter version of the Today show/former Mornings set…
Not a fan really. Hopefully it looks different on camera.

Also it’s a shame that they have opted for a lightbox print for the skyline background over a live shot.

7 Likes

Here’s hoping too, it looks terrible and washed out in my opinion from those screenshots. Someone took the beach theme a little too far I think, that desk looks like the got a glass surfboard resting on it.

2 Likes

New opening vision but same voice over - set only seen briefly at beginning. Wendy on screen first.

11 Likes

Titlecard graphics look like a hybrid of the 2009-12 package and the 2012 look, if you ask me!

3 Likes

Apart from brief glimpse at beginning, so far just “head shots” as been above. One reporter threw back to Bruce except it was Wendy.

Coming up:

6 Likes
6 Likes

Set wise, 7 News GC have definitely done 10x better than 9 have here. Sorry but the whole thing just looks cheap and nasty, the desk is undersized for 2 presenters and the space. The lighting is too soft for an evening news bulletin in the middle of winter, here’s hopefully the content and 2 presenters are better.

7 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Those updated titlecards will be unique to the Gold Coast bulletin (at least for now) it seems, no such updates in Sydney.

1 Like

14 Likes

Opener looks nice :o
Would love to see a vid of it :wink:

3 Likes

That plasma in the wideshot - looks half like 9 News 2009-2012 and NBN News 2014-2016’s titlecard

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:498, topic:67”]
New opening vision
[/quote] Much prefer the previous opener.

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:500, topic:67”]
Apart from brief glimpse at beginning, so far just “head shots” as been above.
[/quote] Can’t say how impressed I am with that backdrop. Thought it would never work (having a still image) but on air, it is the best set piece, IMO.

[quote=“killy06, post:502, topic:67”]
Sorry but the whole thing just looks cheap and nasty, the desk is undersized for 2 presenters and the space.
[/quote] The desk is shocking and the panels look half finished. A bit disappointed and a simple gloss floor could have gone a long way.

I’m sure @TV.Cynic is on it :wink:

1 Like