Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

1080 takes a while for me to upload :sob: coming soon though.

Visual on the opener is nice but unfortunately no improvement in the sound.

6 Likes

[quote=“nationalnews, post:509, topic:67, full:true”]

Although the previous Nine Gold Coast News titlecard was good, it must be said that NBN News is now using a Nine News-style titlecard. Remember, the region has access to both Nine and 9NBN (which in the overlap regions, still has an “NBN” identifier on the watermark & LCN name so viewers can tell the difference).

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nine Gold Coast News felt that they had to change their titlecard(s) to something a bit more unique to avoid confusion amongst the audience…if you get where I’m coming from.

2 Likes
10 Likes

That red bar below the logo in the titlecard could’ve been changed to be yellow, as used in their promos, for both consistency and individuality.

2 Likes

Lol! Yes, that glass top looks like it’s just one accidental nudge away from toppling right over!

3 Likes

That titlecard is just wayyyyy tooo slow. Should be sped up.

1 Like

A pity that they couldn’t fix up the tinny audio…or those “blank” Opening Headline transitions! :confused:

If you ask me, Nine Gold Coast News has moved forward in some elements (a larger set, plasma presentation for Sport and Weather) and backwards with others (removal of the liveshot in favour of a static image) with their new set. I want to like the new titlecard, but the animation seems a bit rushed to me.

2 Likes

New opener looks awfully cheap! And from that clip the show looks very stale.

Only positive is the in studio weather/sport - otherwise a massive step backward.

It was deja vu for those watching 9 GC news, as the first story on the Brisbane 6pm bulletin came on

4 Likes

Even though the picture quality of the Gold Coast bulletin still leaves a fair bit to be desired, it’s clearly still a fair bit better than the quality (which is like 360p…or worse) coming out of Brisbane judging by those caps.

I don’t know if it’s because they’re using older cameras/playout equipment or what, but Nine really need to spend some cash on some technical upgrades for the Brisbane and Gold Coast bulletins ASAP!

2 Likes

I don’t mind that background image behind the news, but I am not a fan of static city shots overall.

It’s fine now, but it’s gonna look pretty dodgy in Summer when it’s broad daylight at 5:30pm.

On another note, I’m jealous of Gold Coast residents, Bruce Paige and Wendy Kingston would be a perfect presenting duo in my opinion.

3 Likes

The still background annoys me, desk could be a bit bigger but otherwise don’t mind it, Gold Coast has 2 high quality local news services, both with great presenters

3 Likes

Honestly looks like they had no time and just shoved bits and bobs together. Awful. It looks like the ‘Today Show’ Gold Coast set.

2 Likes

Did anyone pick up the noise of the watch when it clicked over to 6pm.

2 Likes

Yeah I heard that, couldn’t tell if it was intentional or not.

1 Like

Bruce was wearing one of those watched that would make that sound. Also desk is not quite big enough and Bruce really needs to wear matching pants could contiually see his jeans.

That set - gosh - 7 did so much better

The cream panels and light blue light boxes just look cheap and unfinished. The desk looks cheap. And the floor looks like plastic Lino.

Needs a black gloss or wood.

Also the lighting is way too light. I get that it’s the girl coast and they have tried to make the set and broadcast feel reflective of the market. But it feels too “beach house light” to me. 7 did a better job of capturing the glossy feel of the city I feel.

Just looks cheap overall.

Bruce is terrible

1 Like

Today’s QLD Update

Promo for QLD’s local Morning and Afternoon news bulletins

2 Likes