Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Or #1 in being the first station on the dial! (VHF 6 and UHF 28).

3 Likes

Sydney just went to an ad break in the middle of a report!

Upon return to the news, there was no acknowledgement or anything from the presenter.

Do they think we don’t notice these things?!! :angry:

They seemed to have been plagued by problems tonight. Anyone catch the block after sport with Deb in the crosshairs and a botched live cross to Rob Penfold?

There was a brief timelapse sequence of the new Gold Coast News set shown tonight but the crucial finished product was omitted. It was described as being “next door”. It mainly shows workers moving around rather than set construction. This is the best image below:

Video also includes opener to Bruce’s final single anchor with the old set - though that set was not seen tonight.

9 Likes

Although I’ll reserve my full judgement until we see the final product on Monday, the new set looks like it might be a good one if the timelapse preview is anything to go by! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That set still looks just as tiny as Nine’s current one - unless Wendy’s going to be at the other TV screen and present half the bulletin standing, it’s probably going to look just as cramped as they currently do.

As much as I like the sentiment behind it, hopefully they drop the Peter Harvey voiceover - to actually name the anchors and not call it “Nine Gold Coast New”

5 Likes

Newest promo

5 Likes

The special will be shown in the rest of Queensland on Nine and Southern Cross on Saturday, July 23 at 4pm. Which should mean it will be available on catch up later.

3 Likes

That’s a great promo

1 Like

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:473, topic:67”]
Video also includes opener to Bruce’s final single anchor with the old set - though that set was not seen tonight.
[/quote] Miss Paigey on the Brisbane 6pm News. He has the humour, experience, passion and personality that is missing from Andrew Lofthouse.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:474, topic:67”]
the new set looks like it might be a good one if the timelapse preview is anything to go by! :slight_smile:
[/quote] Looks good and fingers crossed that QTQ gets a new set too.

[quote=“Moe, post:475, topic:67”]
As much as I like the sentiment behind it, hopefully they drop the Peter Harvey voiceover - to actually name the anchors and not call it “Nine Gold Coast New”
[/quote] I know Melbourne dropped Harvey’s V/O and I think so did Adelaide and Perth (if they ever had it) but 9 News Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney still have it. I think it is a touchy subject (fine by me as Seven’ V/O I think was designed to give authority like Harvey). TBH, it will take TCN a long time to remove it.

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:476, topic:67, full:true”]
Newest promo
[/quote] Very good promo.

Which in turns has (or did have) the anomaly of Peter Hitchener, weeknight presenter, voicing for the weekend presenters

The voice over on that Gold Coast news intro sounds so slow and out of date.

1 Like

…and Nine News Sydney (who has had their set even longer than Brisbane has), although I would not be terribly surprised if either city has to wait until they move from their heritage studios for any new 6pm news set. A bit annoying though, when the now-previous Gold Coast set had only been used since Early 2014!

As far as I’m aware, Nine News Melbourne never had Peter Harvey as their intro VO guy. Only the Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast bulletins.

As much as I wish they’d bite the bullet and use Matthew O’Sullivan for the intros here (they use him on Nine News Sydney promos, on national news, etc so he’s far from an unfamiliar voice in this market!), I don’t think that TCN will drop Harvey’s VO recordings anytime soon and even when they do (it’ll be kept for as long as the current theme music is still in use I reckon), knowing Nine News Sydney they would probably go as far as explaining to their viewers why they’re making such a change!

2 Likes

I agree!

2 Likes

Nah IMO it’s a nice sentiment keeping the late Peter Harvey as the voice over.

7 Likes

Unless he recorded an intro for Wendy Kingston before he passed I would say there will be a new Voice Over

I’m sure that Peter Harvey recorded a “…with Wendy Kingston” Opener voiceover for Nine News (mainly used on occasions that she filled in on Nine News Sydney back in Summer 2011-12) before he passed away, but the VO recording that Nine Gold Coast News uses/used is just the generic “Live from 50 Cavil Avenue Surfers Paradise, This is Nine Gold Coast News” line without any references to Bruce Paige or other presenters.

7 Likes

It will be a wait and see situation.

1 Like

Nine Gold Coast 20 years of News was broadcast last night on the Gold Coast station. I have posted the full special but because of the size just at 480p. The automated You Tube copyright sensor allowed it to be published but with adverts. Lots of clips for the TV history fan.

12 Likes

Thanks for posting, TV.C!

It’s been a while since I’ve seen Rob Readings on the telly anywhere (being in NSW doesn’t help of course!).
He has aged a bit… wonder how old he is now…?

1 Like