Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I agree. I heard it tonight as well and it is quite nice :smiley:
I have seen the Melbourne bulletin use it before, how often though I am not sure.

2 Likes

Just sounds like the WIN one who use that long bit on loop with a less exaggerated ending

9 News Adelaide now airing promos about the Hindmarsh Square location and almost encouraging people to go have a look at 6pm each night.

2 Likes

I only just realised this, but how come Melbourne never uses the small screen to the right of the set, unlike Sydney and Brisbane who use it often?

Nine News Sydney rarely uses that vertical plasma for anything other than a titlecard still from what I’ve seen…

1 Like

[quote=“Nicholas, post:453, topic:67, full:true”]
I only just realised this, but how come Melbourne never uses the small screen to the right of the set, unlike Sydney and Brisbane who use it often?
[/quote] Correct me if I am wrong, but I have never seen Melbourne’s change from that blue loop so maybe it is not a plasma. As for Brisbane, they very rarely use it at 6 given the double header but the local Morning/Arvo News do often. Then even there, nothing more than what Sydney does- as a titlecard still.

1 Like

Thanks for the info guys. I just still find it odd why Melbourne does have that loop while the other two have the title card at least.

Whenever I have walked past, the blinds are closed during show time!

I’ve done the same thing. Bit annoying actually considering they hyped it up and said that it was going to be better than a certain other street fronted studio

1 Like

Interestingly, Nine Gold Coast news decided to live stream their first segment of news this afternoon. Although I’m not sure how they managed to accomplish this with a super!

6 Likes

9’s Gold Coast relay will have a 1 hour special this Saturday celebrating 20 years of Nine Gold Coast news ahead of Monday’s new-look bulletin.

7 Likes

Following the launch of 7 Gold Coast News both Gold Coast bulletins are now full of “First on” stories. Tonight’s 9 bulletin was almost comical with the number of stories with the super. Of them, only the first could have been classed as news or at least something that anyone would have cared where they saw it first.

All the following from tonight - first one is a news report of something that happened today

3 Likes

Re Nine Gold Coast News 20 Years special…

I know it won’t be available for streaming, but here"s hoping Nine have it available on catch up.

I fondly remember my time up there watching Nine Gold Coast News, from mid 1997 to early 2000s, with Rob Readings and Leila McKinnon doing weather. Also because I used to work at 50 Cavill Ave, a few floors down from their studios and I used to see Rob or Leila (or a reporter) in the lift occasionally and would say ‘hello’ and ask them what’s in the news.

5 Likes

I’d like to see it. I’m a frequenter between the Goldie Newcastle and Sydney

Note the claim “Gold Coast’s Number 1 Television News”

4 Likes

Is it? It could be like ACA’s “Brisbane’s No 1” claim!!

1 Like

The claim of being #1 is very much open for definition, IMO it’s quite possible that it could refer to the fact that Nine Gold Coast News is the region’s first local news service that is currently still on air (yes, I’m well aware that regional network Prime previously produced a now-defunct Gold Coast news service and infact launched theirs before Nine did!).

Likewise, terms like “First On Nine” (which could very well have a strong historical link, knowing that Nine would’ve been the first in Australia with television news all those years ago) are also very much open for definition IMO.

1 Like

I think it means that the average ratings for 9 News GC this year are higher than the average for the 3-4 days of 7 News GC (well at least that’s what it should mean IMO).

3 Likes

Maybe Seven Sydney should start promoting themselves as #1 per the well-regarded measure of distance from GPO?

4 Likes

Knowing Seven News Sydney, they would probably be more likely to promote itself as “Western Sydney’s #1 News” or something like that! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes