Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

While I certainly think that Nine Gold Coast News could do with a bigger and better set to complete with the near-identical clone to the Brisbane set that Seven is running with, IMO more than a bit odd how Nine Gold Coast News is apparently getting a new set after only about two years or so of the current (I’m sure the current 9GCN set was only launched in Early 2014), ahead of Nine News Sydney and Nine News Brisbane who have had their current sets since 2009 with only so much as minor tweaks here and there. Yes, they’ve aged comparatively well but it must be said that since the current Nine News Sydney & Brisbane sets were launched 2009, all the other news bulletins in both markets have changed their sets at least once, indeed twice or more in some cases (Seven Sydney and Ten, we’re looking at you!)…surely that’s a sign that a set upgrade for Nine News in Sydney and Brisbane needs to be considered in the not too distant future?

Sets aside, I wonder if a upgrade to HD for Nine Gold Coast News is possible along with these other changes? Now that could be a very good point of difference against Seven’s bulletin!

3 Likes

An issue with the backlighting for sport in Sydney tonight for the first few items, it came good again towards the end.

Here is a before and after.

3 Likes

Proper caps of said glitch, personally I think that the backdrop doesn’t look too bad with the lights out myself:

Also, sharp eyed viewers would’ve noticed this error with the “NRL Ladder” Full Screen Graphic during Sport. Maybe the person who did it was a Broncos fan? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I compared the ladder above with the one at the NRL app and Nine had given two extra points to the Eels.

2 Likes

I couldn’t see anything wrong with the ladder either… but yes, you’re correct, the Eels total is wrong in Nine’s graphic above.

2 Likes

Good pick-up on that, but of course I was referring to how there was a Broncos icon where there should’ve been a Sea Eagles one! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah, that is an EXTRA good pick up…and as it’s very small, I’m sure 99% of viewers wouldn’t have noticed.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens set wise for the Gold Coast. The current set is tiny, essentially tucked away in a corner and from all broadcasts I’ve seen over the years, it’s always been that way, so it’ll be interesting to see what they do to expand the size of it.

With only one camera on the current news set, one would think an upgrade/expansion would be in order for the new double header, so hopefully they go all out and upgrade for HD broadcast.

8 Likes

Not sure if this helps, but on Friday nights there is a segment about the weekend GC Bulletin (obviously prerecorded) but shows a potential different camera angle.

4 Likes

Gold Coast promo featuring Wendy Kingston.

11 Likes

Was the footage of them “presenting” from a past special bulletin? Or has this been setup for the promo?
Quite a decent promo IMO

1 Like

Think it was staged for the promos

6 Likes

PS - promos are saying “from 11 July” - I thought original stories said 4 July but that is Seven’s bulletin. :slight_smile:

Great to see Wendy Kingston joining 9 News Gold Coast! I think her and Bruce will make a great team.

Another promo - include archive footage of Wendy presenting

7 Likes

[quote=“CQtvNetwork, post:439, topic:67, full:true”]
Gold Coast promo featuring Wendy Kingston.
[/quote] Too bad if you didn’t know who Wendy Kingston was. However, not a bad promo to encourage GC viewers to remain with Nine News.[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:442, topic:67, full:true”]
PS - promos are saying “from 11 July” - I thought original stories said 4 July but that is Seven’s bulletin
[/quote] I did announce the change of July 11 not long after Wendy was confirmed as joining Nine News.[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:443, topic:67”]
I think her and Bruce will make a great team.
[/quote] Agree but cant help but notice the similarities between Bruce and Wendy and Melissa Downes and Bruce (only Wendy is better :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Probably why they are complementing it with the other ad posted above.

2 Likes

[quote=“OnAir, post:446, topic:67”]
Probably why they are complementing it with the other ad posted above.
[/quote] Yes, but a promo like what Seven News Gold Coast did for Rod Young, where a back story is provided of appearances on Nine News, Today etc. would be far more effective.

I suspect they don’t want it to look like Wendy is taking over. They’ll be keen to emphasise the strengths of both anchors.

3 Likes

Do Nine usually do long closers? They did in Melbourne tonight and I can’t say I have heard that closing theme before, sounded like an extended version.

Bit like this one, they should do it more often sounds great…

5 Likes