Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Rob Canning normally does Monday sport on Morning and Afternoon bulletins.

Speaking of the Morning News, Deborah Knight presented that today and I presume that she’ll also be presenting the Afternoon News later today.

@SydneyCityTV Deb has returned to regular role as Friday newsreader of Morning & Afternoon bulletin,a role she held before her maternity leave.

2 Likes

Ahh, good to know! :slight_smile:

Agreed. I guess Danielle has presented WIN News Canberra for three years in the past.

2 Likes

Nine Gold Coast News to go doubleheader. Wendy Kingston will join Bruce in a new look Nine Gold Coast news. Luke Bradnam will be weather presenter and Coutney Zagel will do sport. Brand new set will launch at the same time.

3 Likes

[quote=“Read_It_First, post:298, topic:148, full:true”]
Nine Gold Coast News to go doubleheader. Wendy Kingston will join Bruce in a new look Nine Gold Coast news. Luke Bradnam will be weather presenter and Coutney Zagel will do sport. Brand new set will launch at the same time.
[/quote] Is it going on the weekend? Do you know when this is going to be taking place?

it’s in the GC Bully. http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/wendy-kingston-to-join-nine-gold-coast-news-as-seven-prepares-to-launch-rival-local-bulletin-on-july-4/news-story/45fbb97bfc9d758247b20e252b0d9a01

1 Like

Good news for Gold Coast viewers having Wendy back reading news.

Article mentions that the bulletin will remain 5 days per week for now.

[quote=“Read_It_First, post:298, topic:148”]
Nine Gold Coast News to go doubleheader. Wendy Kingston will join Bruce in a new look Nine Gold Coast news
[/quote] Great news for Wendy, I’m sure. Whilst I Iove Wendy, I feel her talents will be wasted here as I believe she is more than capable of becoming a replacement for Lisa on Today. In addition, I am not quite sure if this is what 9 News Gold Coast needs. I think a more, dare I say it, iconic Gold Coast face would have been preferable. Good luck to Wendy and 9 News is all I can say. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Read_It_First, post:298, topic:148, full:true”]
[/quote] The changes will take place from July 11.

She moved to the Gold Coast for family reasons so the role could not be more ideal for her. She flew back and forth to Sydney last year but now she has a baby it’s highly likely she didn’t want to go back to that.

2 Likes

Justine Conway presenting weather in Melbourne tonight.

And that is exactly why I said the position was good for Wendy. It is just such a shame someone so talented (just like Georgie Gardner and Alicia Loxley) are restricted to local news and aren’t regularly exposed to a national audience.

[quote=“nationalnews, post:307, topic:148”]
And that is exactly why I said the position was good for Wendy. It is just such a shame someone so talented (just like Georgie Gardner and Alicia Loxley) are restricted to local news and aren’t regularly exposed to a national audience.
[/quote]But all those ladies have had national exposure in past roles at Nine,and are all in current roles that fit in with there personal life.

5 Likes

[quote=“DeciderTV, topic:148”]
Nine Queensland’s News Director, Mike Dalton is pleased to welcome Wendy [Kingston] to the Gold Coast team:

“She’s a Gold Coast girl through and through and it’s great to see her back home to work alongside Bruce Paige. Wendy knows the issues facing Gold Coast families, her years of national news experience will enhance the way we deliver the news stories our audience needs to know."

[/quote]Source: Wendy Kingston joins Nine’s Gold Coast News

1 Like

Monday (27.06.16)-Wednesday (29.06.16): Airlie Walsh is presenting the Early News.
Thursday (30.06.16): Today Sydney Reporter Lara Vella returned for a cameo

1 Like

Will upload the bulletin ASAP.

Lara Vella presenting Friday Early News.

1 Like