Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Thanks for uploading that!

That for me is the best local news bulletin in the country.

The benchmark by which WIN, Prime, 7QLD, Nine regional and NBN should be judged.

2 Likes

I’m sure TV Cynic will have the full report in the news ratings comparisons thread later, but Nine News Queensland has won the 2017 ratings year as of this week:

What wasn’t mentioned: The major contribution by Aldi for the success of Nine’s news service in Queensland this year! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Apart from the average and unique looking set, I do agree, they even have two respected and high-profiled anchors. Such a shame Nine’s newly established local bulletins fall well below this standard.

Whilst I am surprised the defeat was that substantial, I have to say well done to Nine for convincingly winning the east coast yet again. Nine have the best (better) reporters and anchors in these cities with a committment to delivering a polihed bulletin nightly.

I belive so, I am pretty sure the newer footage shot in the promos in HD. Looking forward the HD presentation on Monday, and unrealistically hoping for set tweaks.

I could be wrong but from that set tour, there doesn’t seem to have a room for a weather plasma. Maybe that is why Garry in the promo is not in-studio (like all the other city’s promos). Nonetheless looking forward to seeing the new set tongiht!

BTW, @TV.Cynic has there been any other promos for NIne Queensland about the new set. Brisbane is the only city which didn’t receive the Sydney one.

4 Likes

I had the tally at 21:2 based on one week when there was a tie when the numbers were rounded according to OzTAM.

That win is of course weeks won for the Mon-Fri edition of the bulletin. Based on average audience the market is still the closest in the country with an audience difference of approx 7%. Seven are well ahead on Saturday and Sunday.

3 Likes

While I’m sure Bruce Paige is quite a respected newsreader in Queensland, he doesn’t really suit the presentation style of the Gold Coast bulletin IMO.

Also, I personally still think the format of the Gold Coast news services on both Seven and Nine really should be an hour long composite one at 6pm with local/state/national/international content, but I know that won’t happen anytime soon due to various logistic/technical reasons and the “we do it this way because that’s the way it’s always been done” theory.

Basically the only advantage that Seven News has over Nine News in the East Coast (particularly in Sydney & Melbourne, because I think both networks have meteorologists as their lead weather presenters in Queensland) are their weather presenters being meteorologists.

1 Like

Do you mean like the current regional news bulletins on the East Coast? Personally, I think the GC model is one of the better options when incoroprating the local news with the metro buleltin. That way viewers do get local news in addition to the usual 6pm News in full.

1 Like

HD update in Queensland - video

4 Likes

And they still refuse to put Kay back on weeknights.

4 Likes

Hoping to hear a new voiceover (nothing against the late Peter Harvey), but they really need to say the presenter names considering a super isn’t even shown

7 Likes

I agree but let’s be realistic here, Nine News will probably keep using the Peter Harvey voiceovers for Sydney, Queensland and the Gold Coast for as long as they continue using the 2008 version of their theme music.

If it wasn’t for that very cost prohibitive trip down from heaven, I’m sure Peter Harvey would’ve done the Opener VOs for the Regional QLD and Southern NSW/ACT bulletins!

2 Likes

Final set rehearsals from yesterday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXFBEvEB0lw/?taken-by=darrencurtis9

Nine is Brisbane’s number 1press release:

9 Likes

Slightly modified promo airing that mentions HD and includes new ender.

11 Likes

Hope they don’t fall to their deaths from that position in the sky over Brisbane.

6 Likes

Let me guess: He’d say in the Regional Queensland versions as “This is Nine News [market area]” (e.g. Far North QLD, North QLD, etc.) Presenter names wouldn’t be mentioned like in Brisbane.

1 Like

Edit: video

13 Likes

Actually looks pretty good

One minute promo

6 Likes

Night approaching on latest update

10 Likes

8 Likes