Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

No, that’s just a lightbox, just like Melbourne and Adelaide.

2 Likes

You are correct.

Perth actually uses them and ditched the plasma for weather. The right hand side is used particularly for 9LIVE Perth and in sport when they cross to Matthew Pavlich IIRC

1 Like

Breaking news update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO8Zk8DlK6I

6 Likes

Do Perth (and Sydney/Melbourne) use the LHS at all? Adelaide regularly uses it for sport and when reporters are live in the studio.

I’ve seen the videowall on the left hand side used once here in Sydney (IIRC, for an in-studio reporter cross to Eddy Meyer), but that’s about it.

1 Like

Melbourne has never used that left hand side video wall. Such a waste!

2 Likes

A quick question that @Read_It_First might be able to answer: Does the HD era of Nine Gold Coast News start on Monday? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fare thee well - it had a good life; you have served us well.

9 Likes

With that set having just been used for the final time, here’s a flashback to the very first bulletin presented from that set (Video credit: kuttsywood)! While I’d have to check, QTQ’s version of that set lasted the longest of them all.

Tomorrow, an exciting new era for Nine News Queensland begins…

5 Likes

Highlights of tonight’s 9 News Queensland

5 Likes

Are they launching the new set on a Saturday? seems odd.

2 Likes

Your a bit late to the party…

5 Likes

Yeah, it was mentioned a few weeks back.

Apparently the reason for Nine Brisbane launching their set (along with automation and HD production!) on a Saturday is so that all the bugs get ironed out before the daytime/5.30pm Gold Coast bulletins on Monday.

According to your own post they have :blush: .

5 Likes

The first night of the launch showing off the set yes. Since then, nothing

5 Likes

wait, Gold Coast is going to be using the Brisbane studio from Monday?

As far as I’m aware, the Gold Coast & Brisbane news will be sharing the same control room from Monday.

The studio where the Gold Coast local news is presented from will remain at 50 Cavil Avenue, of course.

3 Likes

Wonder if the Gold Coast has HD cameras.

Friday night’s Gold Coast bulletin in full plus updates, promos, sponsors etc.

6 Likes