Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Let me guess, one of the scenes in the “New Set Launch” promos for Nine News Queensland is either Andrew or Melissa doing a mock report intro among these lines…

“The weekly shop is about to become more affordable for thousands of Queensland families, with Aldi slashing the cost of hundreds of items storewide.”

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I did see a couple - not sure which one was for the new set

Or

19 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Promo for “Queensland’s number one newsroom” :neutral_face:

Video:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faigd5I_dQs&feature=youtu.be)

16 Likes

WTH? Channel Seven did that slogan 7 months ago.

2 Likes

Why is Nine bending the rules here to suit themselves? Nine isn’t No.1 across Queensland.

4 Likes

This comment on the vid got me good ahahhahhaa

I love Nine’s over-the-topness. “How you’re about to experience Nine news is about to change…FOREVER!!!” , says the massive footy-voice guy. Um, yeah, they got a new set

20 Likes

But their newsroom is apparently?!?!?!?

Seen on the wall outside the new studio :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

The skyline shots make it look like they are doing the news from the back of an aircraft.

8 Likes

They’re certainly getting mileage out of Erin Molan’s fall from the chair on Sunday night. It has become a running gag with Cam and Peter referencing the incident again tonight.

2 Likes

Eh, rather they’d milk it for all it’s worth - if she worked for the ABC she would have lost her job by now.
Pleasantly surprised that they’re so light-hearted about it.

9 Likes

I daresay the OHS Officer has been anything but.

3 Likes

“Who let him back into the building?” - Management, probably.

1 Like

I’ve been alerted to the fact that Andrew & Melissa have given people on Facebook a preview of the new Nine News Queensland set:

6 Likes

Seems like there’s no video wall to the LHS of the set.

Perth of all places has two video walls, while Adelaide is the only one that makes regular use of the LHS video wall.

7 Likes

No video wall?

3 Likes

Doesn’t Sydney have two as well with a Jumbo plasma on the RHS?

Yes, Sydney does have two. And all new sets have jumbo plasmas to the RHS.

There is one to the right as far as I know.

Perth set was the benchmark for the other sets around the country. What worked and what didn’t and size depended on the market. At the end only Perth and Sydney had the 2 videowalls on both sides.

3 Likes