Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Always liked the newsroom backdrop so it’s a shame it (might be) phased out.
Nice changes though but a shame the actual news set isn’t used.

8 Likes

What is this for nine news? Backdrop number 28 in 3 years?

1 Like

As much as many of the different backdrops and graphics alterations look fantastic I think nine needs to make up their mind and stick to it. In saying that I think the updates seen today are an improvement. Will be sad seeing the news room backdrop phased out though (assuming it is…)

Shame that they can’t replicate the ACA set for regional bulletins, zooming and panning shots help make a difference.

Not that it would fit with the other 6pm sets, but what if the NSW regional bulletins were presented from the newsroom set? Then they wouldn’t need to worry about keying in a backdrop (panning shots please), and they can have story-specific graphics on the screen.

1 Like

Studio 3 (the “newsroom (news exchange) set”) would be occupied by Nine News Now and then Sydney’s Afternoon News at the time regional News starts taping - wouldn’t be feasible.

I wonder, does that mean Sydney’s early-mid afternoon “coming up at 6” promos that Pete presents would now have to be done from the TOSS?

1 Like

Early News using the new national backdrop and set:

14 Likes

Then wouldn’t the logical thing be to use the actual God damn Sydney set! :frowning:

5 Likes

Looks damn nice :ok_hand:
Runs rings around 7s ugly globe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Morning News:

9 Likes

the set is the local news set

2 Likes

The background looks familiar :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah, closely similar to former Nine News Regional backgrounds! :wink:

3 Likes

The chair is the giveaway, Regional News set has the big black chair while Studio 3 has the smaller chair as seen above in the early morning news.

Big shame to see the news exchange set go. This is nice but not even close to news exchange. Nice to have a bit of life and depth in the background. This just looks small and cheap.

3 Likes

How long was the news exchange background used on the national bulletins for? About seven years or so with only some fairly minor tweaks last year? I’d have to guess that Darren Wick and the local news directors wanted a fresher look for both national and local editions of Nine News after years of (mostly) the same old stuff every day.

With the rollout of news set upgrades on the home stretch, I’m personally hoping a new batch of major promos and/or a theme music update is next on the agenda for Nine News.

4 Likes

Yeah around the 2010 era the backdrop & set was introduced.

4 Likes

The Morning News has been coming from studio 24 since January.

Unlike the Early News backdrop, the Morning News’ version is animated, as @Zampakid catured:

4 Likes

@SydneyCityTV, would you happen to have caps of the cross to sport on the new set of Sydney’s Arvo News?

Not at the moment, but I’ll try and get some up as soon as I can! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t mind the Early News backdrop but that Morning News one is just too much.

2 Likes