Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Yep, that looks new! It’ll be interesting to see if that’s used on full bulletins or just updates.

5 Likes

Quite like it actually

1 Like

10 Likes

11 Likes

Even though it is really nice that Nine have finally implemented a local backdrop for Sydney’s Afternoon News, it is a shame that the live news exchange backdrop won’t be used outside of the Early News anymore.

3 Likes

The new backdrops are an improvement, but I think I’d still prefer the 6pm set and liveshot to be used at 4pm for consistency.

Mind you, it could be a strategic thing to give the flagship bulletin (6pm) the better On-Air Presentation. Both that and it’s unclear whether Studio 1 is available for use during the day.

10 Likes

Liveshots are never used for afternoon bulletins though?

I don’t mind that new background image for a change, good to mix it up a bit from the same old live camera view. The blue/red graphic element stands out a lot more than what’s used on the 6pm bulletins, i wonder if they’ll update the 6pm bulletin also?

3 Likes

It will be seen on the morning news still.

Won’t happen. The different backdrop for Sydney aligns the local Arvo bulletin with the other cities who all use different backdrops at 6pm.

Infomercials?

1 Like

CONFIRMED: The ‘news exchange’ backdrop has been permanently replaced by plasmas for all bulletins.

6 Likes

Interesting they made it look like Studio 1 with the curved shapes on the sides. I thought it was that set, until I saw the desk.

I don’t think the live backdrop is used for the early news.

ok how do you know

As promised, snapshots of the new set usage on today’s Nine News Sydney at 4pm:

18 Likes

I’m not too keen on all these changes. Viewers are more interested in the content not the look (apart from us). Really I still don’t know why studio 1 can’t just be used for our local Afternoon bulletin here in Sydney or atleast Today Extra. Anyway we will just have to wait and see what plays out.

8 Likes

We’ll know in a couple of hours but I feel that the live background will be gone from all including 5am news. Don’t see them rotating the desk for a bulletin with 5 viewers once a day.

1 Like

And so soon after the shock ‘incident’!! :wink: (did OH&S call?) Tongue-in-cheek mocks

1 Like

That is what I was saying:

— The news exchange backdrop is longer.

Looks like you will have to improvise the design for your mocks now :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Not a big fan of that new background. It is much too busy; it needs to have the size of the Opera House and Bridge reduced so they appear further away. Everything should be toned down and the screen that is on the floor in front of the desk removed.

4 Likes