Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I’d say it’s pre recorded about half an hour earlier and one is 9Brisbane while the other is 9Gold Coast.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. The screens match the programs shown between 5 and 5.30 eg. Ben 10 on 9Go is on one screen and that finishes at 5.30. Heartbeat is on 9GEM - finishing at 5.20. etc.

It makes sense to pre-record as the Brisbane newsreaders would be otherwise occupied at 5:55.

In 1988, I did work at experience at BTQ. In the newsroom, they had 4 TV’s showing 7,9,10 & ABC. All 4 (including 7) had the worst ghosting imaginable, so much so it was barely watchable. The TV in the foyer may have been a link from the transmitter feed but still had mild ghosting. The same when I visited again in 1991. I wonder if rabbit ears might have worked better for analogue and maybe that now for digital?

3 Likes

Great work to Nine Adelaide but they need to work on that closer, I assume technical error (awkward or what lol) there but closing with a studio shot and the theme would top it off.

2 Likes

They need the same closing theme that Sydney/Melbourne gets, but it’s been like that for a while.

1 Like

Digital should be easier with the signals coming from the same direction rather than separate towers and of course no ghosting with digital. In the analogue days at the Seven studios which way would you direct an antenna? :slight_smile:

Also better in the case of Nine since none of the signals originate from their tower - giving them a bit more distance.
But if they did have reception issues, could they tune into one of the relay sites instead? Their height and a well tuned antenna would make it easier to pick up a low power signal.

A standard antenna pointed towards The Summit area should get perfect reception - perhaps an attenuator is required to stop overload but if the feed goes to multiple outlets perhaps not.

After watching the LIVE video it looks as if there is still 2meters behind the screen that they could have used to give the studio more space.

1 Like

There may be building code regulations and/or simple set-building reasons as to why there’s 2 metres space. Often there needs to be a significant amount of space behind the set for heat ventilation and other safety reasons. Backing the set right up against a wall can be dangerous.

2 Likes

They would also need to be able to get behind the set to work on the screen when required.

2 Likes

I guess both of those points are correct.

A good contribution to a possible “No News Adelaide Edition” video, is it not? :wink: [offtopic]Though it seems the original (international) “No News” video was pulled off YouTube :frowning: [/offtopic]

From watching the Facebook live video tour yesterday, the set does wrap around pretty close to the windows!

Also, who noticed part of the old set tucked away behind the new one?

8 Likes

Here are a few caps from the tail end of 9 Live (Afternoon News). By the time I tuned in sport was just wrapping up.

7 Likes

It seems the local Afternoon News is making no inroads on Seven’s Afternoon News, with Seven winning in every city yesterday.

Ratings: Have You Been Paying Attention? returns to biggest launch episode ever:

1 Like

The only vaguely promising results for Nine are the Sydney numbers.

Nine Live Adelaide & Perth with less than 20k…yikes! :confused:

4 Likes

Musical chairs in Canberra:

Specal tonight with Ross Greenwood & Laurie Oaks

5 Likes

You really have to feel for Nine in Adelaide. The 4pm Nine bulletin is miles above in content compared to Seven’s national offering, even the 6pm bulletin feels far more substantial than Seven’s 15 minutes of news, yet nothing they do can bridge the gap. Nobody knows Adelaide like Seven.

6 Likes

It’s just viewing habits going back from the days when both Nine News Adelaide and Perth was second rate under WIN ownership and budget issues even before WIN arrived. Will take awhile to change.

8 Likes