Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Looks decent, this is how I rate the sets so far

1. Sydney
  2. Adelaide
  3. Melbourne (the weird blue panel does let it down)
  4. Perth (only cause the crappy static Skyline they keep using otherwise it be a tie with Sydney)
9 Likes

13 Likes

Sports report using the video wall for the AFL breakdown and part of the sports report. Finally, someone is using the LHS video wall!

2 Likes

Some miscellaneous screengrabs of interest :slight_smile:

And for anybody who missed the Facebook live stream, the window out to the street remains

13 Likes

For those who haven’t watched a fantastic behind the scenes tour of the new Adelaide set and station.

6 Likes

Nine Gold Coast tonight

And on another story

8 Likes

Does anyone have a comparison between the new 9 News sets. I get confused when people try and explain the differences between them.

1 Like

As stupid as this whole thing is in the first place,

FIRST WITH
THE
VIDEO

is much worse than my suggestion of

FIRST
WITH THE
VIDEO

Also funny that the background map doesn’t even include Australia.

6 Likes

It’s all to do with the right side of the set.

Sydney and Perth have a video wall behind the screen used for weather, and a similar image bridging the gap between said video wall and the main anchor screen.

While Melbourne and Adelaide have a static image behind the weather screen, and Melbourne uses a different joiner image than Sydney and Perth, with Adelaide using the same as those two cities.

Credit for caps MLVD, Brad, ADstv and someone else I lost track of.

Meanwhile in Adelaide, they won Bob around after all.

Context / Previously on MediaSpy

17 Likes

Tonight’s Nine News Adelaide bulletin in full:

8 Likes

They’ve done pretty well considering the studio space is very small.
looks like they have it in a different position from the previous set.

1 Like

Looks like they’ve moved it from the far left corner of the studio to more in the middle/right of the studio. Finally Adelaide has a set to be proud of.

3 Likes

Nine has really excelled with these sets. They are world class and look absolutely stunning.

2 Likes

I wonder what all the screens in the background of the Nine Brisbane newsroom are showing (at approx 5:55pm)

Edit: watching video the screen closest to Melissa’s ear looks like a GEM sponsor board.

6 Likes

The Hot Seat ones are interesting - they’ve obviously got a live stream of Nine playing at the very top right with a contestant asking a question, but the ones with Eddie suggest the fast finger part at the top of the show, at least half hour before.

1 Like

A feed of Nine Adelaide (to watch their news with the new set), perhaps?

1 Like

Video from tonight - wipes can be seen at 0:51 and 3:44

From last week - you can see other screens playing Ten News:

2 Likes

Bruce is humming? How unprofessional :confused:

But being a local bulletin, that’s what you can do. Do whatever you want, just like how Broughy on Seven slows down his talks.

Bruce just doesn’t give a fuck and I love it!

6 Likes

I can see they’ve got Hot Seat on one telly (so that cross isn’t live), and The Chase on Channel Seven is on another (at the bottom of that last cap).

I wonder how they go with TV reception being pretty much right under the Txs at Mt Coot-tha… Their TV antennas must be at an awkward looking angle!