Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

15 Likes

Looks great. But Brenton and Kate are sitting too close to each other IMO. Looks like no right side indeed.

It’s a promo shot…

I’m sure Tim and Emmy didn’t sit that close together for their ‘promo shot’?

2 Likes

I agree, if they’re sitting that close together on air it’s an issue but you can’t judge it for something not for broadcast and with different framing requirements.

I’m pretty sure the sport and weather presenter won’t be standing in those spots for the entire duration of the bulletin.

1 Like

I think the new Adelaide (and existing Perth) set is going to look and work better than the Sydney and Melbourne studios. The size of the desk suits a dual presenter set up rather than the single seen on the east coast.

8 Likes

Personally I think Nine should’ve researched the individual markets a bit better before rolling out a new look sets & graphics to their news.

I’d even go as far as suggesting that Sydney & Melbourne should’ve kept their previous sets and graphics (yes it was fairly basic, but I think Sydney and Melbourne want “basic” looking 6pm bulletins), but with some slight tweaks/upgrades to make it look more modern.

2 Likes

Why? What would that accomplish?

Disagree, the old sets were getting too dark and old. Actually surprised that the old Perth/Adelaide set was brought to the east coast back in 2014, this set worked great with the lighter and brighter graphics while keeping an overall ‘clean’ and simpler look.

5 Likes

First on Nine…er Media Spy! :wink:

15 Likes

Promos defiantly filmed in Melbourne judging from the side panels

1 Like

Looks like a mixture between the Perth/Sydney and Melbourne sets on the right-hand side. There’s no monitor wall over there (like Melbourne), but the panel between that and the large LED screen is the same as Perth/Sydney.

7 Likes

Too bad the Ultra-HD set won’t be seen in Ultra-HD!

6 Likes

Too bad 90% of metro viewers and all viewers via Southern Cross will watch it in SD, and WIN viewers will see it in black and white analogue.

3 Likes

Melbourne special opener tonight.

7 Likes

Better tune into this then - one would hope this is in colour! :laughing:

1 Like
1 Like

The video wall on the LHS looks like the same one from the old set. They also have some pieces of the old set behind the new set.

I respectfully disagree. I don’t know about you, but this new set design (and Seven’s Martin Place set if it is ever used nation wide) brings a sense of ‘world-class’ to Australian TV news. It would be a shame to be stuck with just the basics and time to bring in change. Everyone looks right at home, and I doubt the set is the biggest influences of people watching news (I watch content, presenter, set and so on, but still…).

2 Likes

Adelaide opener.

5.55 PM update.

Opener video.

15 Likes
9 Likes