Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Caps of tonight’s Nine News Melbourne:

9 Likes

Two recent Brisbane promos - “Nine News Queensland is committed to telling real stories from real people” plus second based on Cyclone Debbie coverage. Also includes usual promo for River 949 simulcast.

3 Likes

“But only if we loudly yell at you and make you think the sky is falling”

3 Likes

What’s the deal at the moment between Nine and Aldi?

This week it was “news” that Aldi was increasing its product range - News bulletins and Today show

And next week on ACA

6 Likes

Peter Overton testing out the news sports reporter.

6 Likes

Aldi always seem to have an association with ACA, but this seems a little OTT.
Not to mention “inside the new aldi” appears to be walking through the store format they’ve been rolling out in the last year or two?

Hmm, the ABC’s “Media Watch” program might be very interested in that! :wink:

1 Like

New Theme??

1 Like

June 28 is 35 years of today?

1 Like

So why would June 19 be special then? Lol

The only thing I can think of that would be historical is the launch of a free 24 hour commercial news channel. The first in Australia.

1 Like

They pretty much already have a news channel… it’s literally News till 5 then again at 6-7:30

5 Likes

Media Watch has of course reported on the apparent cosy relationship between Nine and Woolworths in the past . MW associated fluff pieces on ACA with the supermarket placing a much larger percentage than would be expected of its TV advertising with the network.

Not only the above this week but Aldi apparently ‘had not jumped on the round prices bandwagon’ what ever that means?

1 Like

Comes from the recent story of Woolworths progressively moving their product pricing from ‘.99c’ over to the dollar (e.g: 5.99 becomes $6 flat).

I’ve seen those reports, but why is it a bandwagon? Nine are making it sound like a bad thing; I didn’t notice other media criticising the move or praising Aldi for not doing it.

Has there been a shift in Woolworths’ advertising to share more evenly across all networks?

Yeah, there’s no Woolworths bandwagon​, as some other businesses, eg some restaurants I’ve noticed, have already long ago done away with 5c prices. Woolworths definitely isn’t the first so why is it spectacular news that they are doing it. Nine and the rest just regurgitating news releases.

So… then a news channel with a few more hours added in the evening wouldn’t be a bad idea?

1 Like

Not if it’s on a multichannel. It will be another One HD fail.

I can see Nine doing a 21/7 news channel on the main channel.

A 24hour ABC news channel rates about 1-2 per cent in prime time. Even if 9 can triple it that gives their main channel a 6% share tops. Probably not good for business.

1 Like

ANZAC Day, Tuesday 25 April 2017

This is what I can determine so far for the schedule (subject to change).

Sydney, Brisbane
04:30 AM Dawn Service
Join the Nine News Team for the Dawn Service live from the Cenotaph, Martin Place, Sydney *.
05:30 AM Today
09:00 AM Today Extra
11:30 AM Nine Morning News
12:30 PM Nine News Special
Join Nine News team live from Gallipoli for the dawn service.
01:40 PM Nine News Special
Join Nine News as we remember the fallen from the 1918 Battle to recapture Villers-Bretonneux.
02:35 PM Nine News Now
03:30 PM NRL

Melbourne
04:30 AM Dawn Service
12:30 PM Nine News Special Gallipoli
01:40 PM Nine News Special Villers-Bretonneux
04:00 PM Nine Afternoon News

Adelaide
04:00 AM Dawn Service
05:00 AM Gurus Explore Thailand
12:00 PM Nine News Special Gallipoli
01:10 PM Nine News Special Villers-Bretonneux
02:05 PM Extra

Perth
02:30 AM Dawn Service
03:30 AM Today
06:00 AM WA Remembers: Anzac Day Dawn Service
07:00 AM Today Extra
09:30 AM Nine Morning News
10:30 AM Nine News Special Gallipoli
11:40 AM Nine News Special Villers-Bretonneux
12:35 PM Nine News Now
01:30 PM NRL

* Currently listing Sydney Dawn Service in all markets.

2 Likes

Which Dawn Service will be shown on GTV? The services at the Shrine starts at 6am. 4:30 I assume would be Sydney’s, given the sun rises much earlier there?