Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Definitely looks like a screen in that second cap.

Quite a few automation problems on Nine News Sydney tonight.

A live cross to reporter Chris O’Keefe had a black screen with supers only for a fair part, there were a few awkward pauses here or there and/or things cutting in or out late with other aspects of the bulletin.

The weather report was also missing the 7 day outlook temps.

Pete quipped at the end “I think we will have to talk to our computers. They have not behaved well at all tonight”.

3 Likes

I have updated the appropriate news article from last week to report that in final numbers the News Special that was broadcast last week covering the Belgian terror attacks recorded 440,000.

Not a fan of split headlines

4 Likes

Something you don’t see on Nine very often

10 Likes

Nine making good use of “The 5 O’clock Feed” there, I see! :wink:

1 Like

that’s about the third time I’ve seen that on Nine in a month…

Sydney news update with Peter Overton just aired here on WIN Emerald, complete with Sydney endboard. Whoops.

3 Likes

For years, NSW news updates with a promo for tomorrow’s story features. Both appear at around 8 and 9. Doesn’t surprise me though really. During the afternoon news when the anchor use to say " Right now here is a look at what is happening in the news at 6" we would get a brief glimpse of NSW 6pm News before it was cut away to an ad. Not even ever an update for QLD’s edition at 6.

There was another automation error on Nine News Melbourne tonight during the opener. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkoQJgpe3CM

In Melbourne, they’re currently running a ticker during sport with AFL ins and outs. I’ll get some caps

They’ve been doing that for ages…

Doesn’t surprise me. First time I’ve seen it though.

Nine News started 10 minutes late in Brisbane and Sydney tonight due to over-running NRL game.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but how long have the crosses to Brisbane on Nine News Now been in HD…or at least considerably better picture quality than the studio footage seen on locally produced bulletins?

Of course, I’m sure that these crosses are probably just presented in front of a green screen or something, but still quite interesting nonetheless.

1 Like

ANZAC DAY Schedule according to EPG:

4.30-5.30: Nine News Special (local version)
5.30-9.00: Today
11.30-12.30: Nine Morning News Hour
12.30-13.40: Nine News Special (from Gallipoli)
13.40-14.35: Nine News Special
14.35-15.30: Nine News Now

*No Afternoon News due to NRL coverage.

Wouldn’t they still air Nine’s Afternoon News in the AFL states?

2 Likes

Afternoon News still taking place in AFL markets

1 Like

…and on today’s Afternoon News, there was a cross to the Gold Coast which looked like it was in HD or at least very good SD:

In this example, it appears that the backdrop is the plasma that’s used as the background on Nine’s local 5.30pm bulletin for the Gold Coast. If crosses on national bulletins to Brisbane and the Gold Coast are now in HD, I wonder how long it will be before the full local bulletins are produced/air in HD! :smile:

Whoops!

6 Likes