Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

It was part of the report by Darren Curtis “when the first clouds from the cyclone come across the coast, they’re expected to drop around 400 mm of rain every single day that it’s hanging around this area.”

1 Like

No idea what you’re talking about.

@Read_It_First do you know when Nine News Adelaide is due for the new set? Does NWS’s new station have a secondary studio for the news to be broadcasted from during construction?

its NWS 9 not NSW.

1 Like

It’s probably right at the bottom of the list considering the current setup is only 18 months old!

No word yet. But I’m told construction at QTQ has begun.

2 Likes

Nine’s promo for Cyclone Debbie coverage

2 Likes

Tacky.

7 Likes

Yep. Both networks are doing it. Shameless.

Not surprised considering the entire country has had no other cyclones this year.

With the national Afternoon News broadcasted live into QLD today, Queensland’s local Afternoon News ran from 4-6pm today with Eva Milic.

1 Like

Nup, just 1 studio, and the tiny little TOS.

1 Like

5 Likes

3rd gen of the crappy backdrop. Least the green tint is gone.

11 Likes

Unlike Sydney and particularly Melbourne, I actually prefer the ‘live’ shot to fill the screen instead of having those generic Nine News templates on either side.

3 Likes

Just noticed they also removed the red lighting from the desk to match with Sydney and Melbourne.

4 Likes

Having been to the Melbourne studio, I now think it looks nicer this way than in Red, but I just wish Perth would stick to the template Sydney and Melb are using on the screen and run a proper live shot! Looked so much better.

1 Like

nine has dumped all programming in brisbane and is showing flooding news.

The promo for tonight’s 6pm Brisbane news is absolutely disgustingly sensationalist!!!
Full of hyped headlines, excited voiceover and exclamation marks!!!
Cheap, tacky Channel 9.

6 Likes

Just another reason why Seven News Brisbane deserves to win more than Nine. If ratings fall with what they’re doing now, serves them right!

2 Likes