Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Use the live shot or record the shots on a good and average days to use when its really bad.

3 Likes

Nine News Perth had it pre-recorded at one stage. I just don’t get why Nine Perth have to do sudden changes. They should’ve kept the first template and maybe replace the left side of the curved screen to a logo or a picture of WACA or Domain stadium than going for a dull look trying to copy Seven News. Also the lack of story graphics outside of Sports, Special reports and major first stories is odd too, like they too lazy to do it.

5 Likes

Disagree with you analysis of the numbers. I can’t see much difference the ratings drop in the two half hours over time - if anything the first half has has dropped slightly more. On average in Sydney, the second 30 minutes for both Seven and Nine rates higher.

1 Like

With little affiliate support, Nine have had to send reporters to many sites up the coast to anticipate the cyclone path.

8 Likes

Interesting that they crossed to both Townsville and Ayr, I thought Ayr was near Townsville?

Would they have begun the hires for the local news service yet? Though I suppose they’d probably still send reporters up even if they did.

7 Likes

It’s about 90km or an hour by car, which in regional Qld isn’t far all things considered but that’s like saying we didn’t send a reporter to the Sunshine Coast because we’ve got one set up in Brisbane.

It could be the difference between the possible cyclone hitting Ayr and completely bypassing Townsville altogether. Though in saying that having that many reporters on location is slightly overkill IMO.

1 Like

Actually, Townsville is near Ayr :grin:

Seriously, Nine Sydney also crossed to Darren Curtis in Ayr for coverage of Cyclone Debbie.

1 Like

Rather disappointing - all those reports and that there was no BREAKING NEWS :frowning:

2 Likes

It will be breaking heaps of stuff by the time it hits the coast, that’s for sure.

1 Like

pls no TV Cynic don’t give them ideas.

1 Like

Doubt they would cross to 9 Local News reporters. Would be like 9 Sydney crossing to NBN reporters or running an NBN report. Would never happen unless very very very last resort.

3 Likes

I agree.

Even if the Regional Queensland editions of Nine News were running, they probably would’ve still sent up reporters from Brisbane or Sydney to cover Cyclone Debbie for a metropolitan/national audience.

If so then 9News have a stupid attitude to their own staff (remember all of new regional 9News bulletins’ reporters are directly employed by Nine, not SCA, and NBN9 is owned by Nine).

I have no issue with Nine sending senior reporters but there’s nothing wrong with using reporters who are already in the area.

1 Like

A glimpse into how Nine Online stores its videos, based on each city’s call sign.

3 Likes

When the journos are sent to cover the cyclones they spend days on end focusing solely on the cyclone and how people are affected.
Local news journos wouldn’t be able to do this - they need to work on multiple stories each day from a hyper local perspective just to get the local editions to air. They would only be of use to out of area bulletins if it was something small that they were already covering. Sending the QTQ journos up the coast also would also help them have more information about the cyclone for the local editions if they were up and running - it would mean that they could cover cyclone news which is realistically of interest to almost all of the state, plus cover the usual local news.

4 Likes

Worng thread.[details=Summary]This text will be hidden[/details]

Nine News from Ayr!

“Looming Danger” is today’s tag line

Drone footage

8 Likes

Please hope this is a new template!

Update: Still same awful template. Maybe soon!

8 Likes

400 mm of rain every day?

That contradicts the BOM forecast of up to 150-200 mm on Monday and Tuesday in Townsville and Ayr, the anticipated worst hit areas.

1 Like

Nah doubt it’s 400mm everyday, false reporting imo. 150mm-200mm possible each day over the two days mostly the southside of the cyclone.

2 Likes