Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Another one?

@Leostar check the post I have just replied to on this post.

I would be surprised if the set is launching tonight with Peter Overton and Georgie Gardner away. Does anyone know if it is tonight?

I’ll give a long shot, Melbourne? Remember Peter Hitchener is back tonight. I couldn’t imagine Sydney would launch without Overton.

2 Likes

Nine News Sydney even went as far as having Peter Overton on board to launch the new graphics last year, before he took a week off the bulletins.

I am 99.99% sure that Peter Overton will be on board to launch the new Nine News Sydney set, probably on January 22 or shortly after that. And it will probably happen on a Sunday night, because both of Sydney’s 6pm bulletins run Sunday-Thursday and Friday/Saturday presenting rosters rather than the traditional weeknight & weekend presenting rosters these days.

4 Likes

Yeah I have been led to believe it is Hitch in Melbourne who is getting the new set.

3 Likes

Does this mean that Melbourne will be ahead of Sydney in terms of set relaunches? If so can someone get some caps of the set’s relaunch any time? Thanks!

1 Like

They’ve kept that pretty quiet haven’t they? Not bad with my assumed guess.

Thought it wasn’t happening until January 23?

Sydney was said to be happening Jan 22, I don’t think any dates for Melbourne had been mentioned before this morning, here.

Best put on a pot of coffee, moderators. It’s gonna be a busy arvo.

12 Likes

You may commence fevered speculation… NOW

1 Like

Hmmm interesting to see if Melbourne does launch one. My bet would have been the same time as Sydney…

Can you tell us who led you there?

1 Like

My speculation would be… perhaps because he’ll be back today, while Overton won’t return in Sydney for a few weeks yet.

1 Like

Might dual screen both Melbourne and Sydney News. :nerd:

1 Like

You’ll do what?

7 Likes

If the set does launch and there is some graphic changes (set wise) hope it carries onto Nine News Perth.

I think the animated ribbons next to the LIVE shot is gone and the sports backdrop will be different. IMO the ribbons anyway are a bit too much.

1 Like

I’m only assuming based on what @Read_It_First and others have been saying over the past few weeks. I could be wrong though

Posting this because I assume that Lavina presents from Melbourne.

Can any Melbournians tell any difference?

5 Likes