Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

The Revival of It’s a Knockout in non-ratings 2011-12 started off well but as time went by, the ratings have dwindled. I don’t know why the ratings have fallen every episodes

Schedules like Nine’s latest really reinforce why free to air tv audiences are shrinking at a rapid rate. The 9Go! lineup probably has more original Australian content than the actual main channel Monday-Thursday with Love Island. That’s saying something

1 Like

Ultimately, you made a point here and networks expect to lose viewers over the Summer non-ratings period - the time which the show screened over, so a lacklustre performance in weeks 5 and 6 (Christmas/New Year period) would be expected and given it was up against sporting juggernauts like Cricket and Australian Open Tennis in the second half of the non-ratings period

But you can’t argue it was a success of the back of one episode…

1 Like

I am just stating what was reported and in my opinion it was poor scheduling…

However, it supports the case not to waste money on big budget productions except for sport over the non-ratings period which most people aren’t watching as much TV.

This is why programs like Home and Away go into hiatus for 4 to 6 weeks over Summer, because viewership isn’t as reliable, albeit, probably less of an issue given that for the most part the schedules in regional markets mirror those of the metropolitan markets.

Nine clearing the board before season two of Australian Ninja Warrior starts the following week. Expect it to air Sunday-Tuesday, with State of Origin game 3 on Wednesday, July 11.

Nine program board has been clear for the last couple of months.

7 Likes

Sad news for early risers, or insomniacs.

Shame to see it go away from Nine, i don’t have any issues with the program.

What’s the point of ACA and Ellen anyway?

1 Like

I’m sure that’s now a third screening for Ellen. It’s on early mornings on 9Gem, unless that’s disappeared because of this change.

1 Like

I guess the point of ACA and Ellen are that they are free filler. Wonder if this means any other changes for Nine’s ABC US news relationship.

Ominous that it is happening at the start of the financial year.

2 Likes

Week commencing 8 July 2018

Sunday 8 July
07:00 pm Australian Ninja Warrior Series 2 Premiere
08:40 pm 60 Minutes
09:40 pm Australian Crime Stories Rpt
10:40 pm Guiltology
11:40 pm Major Crimes Rpt

Monday 9 July
07:30 pm Australian Ninja Warrior
09:10 pm Talkin’ 'bout Your Generation Back to School. Guests: musician Tim Rogers, actor Kate Jenkinson and comedian Aaron Chen. Season Final
10:25 pm 100% Footy (NRL) / Footy Classified (AFL)
11:25 pm Two And A Half Men x 2 Rpt

Tuesday 10 July
07:30 pm Australian Ninja Warrior
09:10 pm Buying Blind
10:40 pm TBA
11:40 pm The Closer Rpt

Wednesday 11 July
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 pm State of Origin Game 3
11:10 pm Talkin’ 'bout Your Generation Rpt

Melbourne
10:10 pm The Footy Show
11:40 pm Talkin’ 'bout Your Generation Rpt

Adelaide
09:40 pm The Footy Show
11:10 pm Talkin’ 'bout Your Generation Rpt

Perth
08:40 pm The Footy Show
10:10 pm Talkin’ 'bout Your Generation Rpt
11:30 pm Rizzoli & Isles

Thursday 12 July
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm RBT
08:30 pm World’s Wildest Flights
09:30 pm The Footy Show
11:00 pm Embarrassing Bodies Rpt

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm RBT
08:30 pm Maid in Manhattan (2002)
10:45 pm Embarrassing Bodies
11:45 pm The Footy Show NRL

Friday 13 July
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm Friday Night Football
10:45 pm Training Day (2001)

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Vet on the Hill / Great Winter Escapes (Perth)
08:30 pm The Wedding Planner (2001)
10:40 pm The Closer
11:40 pm Chicago Med

Saturday 14 July
07:00 pm Australian Ninja Warrior x 3 Rpt

Market variations will be posted later.

1 Like

This week will cement the death of Talkin Bout Your Generation. That start time is beyond a joke.

They probably think that the flood of people that (may) watch ANW will give TBYG a shot afterwards.

1 Like

And Nine is hoping Buying Blind will get a similar boost.

1 Like

How old is Aaron Chen? Surely he must be Gen Y rather than Gen Z?

He is 23.

1 Like

Okay just on the cusp it seems. He is a good get but the show just feels one dimensional without the Baby Boomers.

So Ninjas are (finally) once upon us again. Question on everyone’s lips is will it grow, hold or drop? Especially seeing how (albeit a poor imitation) Spartan did and established shows like House Rules hitting best ratings and MasterChef.