Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

I reckon the 2018 ratings of Australian Ninja Warrior will be slightly down on last year’s dizzying heights (the infamous Corey Worthington as a contestant after a decade in the media wilderness may be a turn off for some), but remain one of Nine’s highest rating non-Sport programs of the year.

Aside from being a poor imitation of Ninja Warrior, the scheduling was fatal to Australian Spartan. Seven probably would’ve had a hit on their hands if the show had a post-GC2018 launch with IMO, probably at least 1.2 million per episode against considerably weaker competition (especially this year) from Nine in The Voice. But instead Seven were too greedy and got what they deserved for scheduling Spartan post-Winter Olympics and against Married At First Sight.

3 Likes

it will be a three way race between Masterchef (10), House Rules (7) and Ninja Warrior (9). Ninja Warrior will drop slightly, but will still win over Masterchef and House Rules. Personally, I do think that Channel 9 will have a chance of winning a ratings week.

1 Like

Seems like that GMA has been replaced with Sherlock this Monday early-morning.

I recon there is zero chance of 60 Minutes starting at 8:40 on Sunday! Why can’t the forward schedule be honest; What’s the benefit from publishing such inaccurate start times? Do people tune in at 8:40 on Sunday on Nine to see 60 Minutes?

New travel series starting in September on Nine. Hello World, funded by Helloworld Travel will include Ray Martin and Steve Jacobs as presenters. Martin appears to have an agreement with Helloworld, as he is making an appearance at the Singleton office tomorrow where he will talk about the program.

They aren’t the only ones that do it. Ten and Seven have also been doing it for years. Wish there was some sort of fine for false advertising.

I hope it airs in daytime and is clearly branded sponsored content. Sounds like a bore.

1 Like

Why does Nine need a second travel show given Getaway airs at 5.30pm Saturdays?

It’s an informercial.

3 Likes

Cause they’re in the business of making money :man_shrugging:t3:

Two shows from the same genre on the one network?!

Didn’t they learn anything from the factual overload debacle of the late noughties?!

1 Like

It really should be considered as misleading and deceptive conduct

4 Likes

I’ve found Nine’s Sunday nights by far the worst especially this year with some shows starting 30 minutes after the original schedule. I can’t see 60 Minutes starting until around 9pm.

1 Like

According to TV Week, Australian Ninja Warrior will only be shown on Sunday-Tuesday in week 2, with Britain’s Got Talent promoted to 7.30pm from next Wednesday (July 18). Knowing that Seven has rested House Rules on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and MasterChef finishing at the end of this month, it will be interesting to see which reality show ends first.

Week commencing 15 July 2018

Sunday 15 July
07:00 pm Australian Ninja Warrior S2 Ep4 It’s a night of shock exits, sensational runs and history making feats when Australia’s biggest Ninja superstars battle the course.
08:40 pm 60 Minutes
09:40 pm Killer Women With Piers Morgan Rpt
10:40 pm Guiltology
11:40 pm Major Crimes Rpt

Monday 16 July
07:30 pm Australian Ninja Warrior S2 Ep5 With semifinal spots filling fast, who will make it through? All eyes are on one of Australia’s favourite Ninjas from last season - ‘Deadly’ Jack Wilson.
09:10 pm The Big Bang Theory S11 Ep23
09:40 pm The Big Bang Theory Rpt
10:10 pm 100% Footy (NRL) / Footy Classified (AFL)
11:10 pm Two And A Half Men x 2 Rpt

Tuesday 17 July
07:30 pm Australian Ninja Warrior S2 Ep6 In the last of the heats, the lightest and heaviest Ninjas compete, plus Bachelor Tim Robards and the first woman to scale the warped wall last season - Andrea Hah.
09:10 pm The Equaliser (2014)
11:50 pm The Closer Rpt

Wednesday 18 July
07:30 pm Britain’s Got Talent
09:30 pm Britain’s Got More Talent
10:30 pm Embarrassing Bodies Rpt
11:30 pm Lethan Weapon S1 Ep1 Rpt

Thursday 19 July
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm Thursday Night Football
09:45 pm The Footy Show NRL
11:00 pm The Footy Show AFL

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm RBT
08:30 pm The Footy Show AFL
10:00 pm World’s Funniest Videos Top 10 Countdown x 2
11:05 pm The Footy Show NRL

Friday 20 July
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm Friday Night Football
10:45 pm Enter The Dragon (1973)

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Vet on the Hill
08:30 pm Movie: The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009)
10:35 pm The Closer
11:35 pm Chicago Med

Saturday 21 July
07:00 pm Australian Ninja Warrior x 3 Rpt

Market variations will be posted later.

Can I ask what’s happened to the James Bond marathon, has been airing 9Gem Saturdays? They’ll be up to Goldeneye at this week (which is normally moved to main channel).

Nine Sydney have been advertising the Thailand Caves rescue Nine News special at 10:20 and then 10:30 tonight, and just then ran an ad for 100% Footy at 10:30… What’s going on there?

The EPG isn’t showing the Nine News special either.

Both Dalton films are scheduled for this Saturday. Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies are scheduled (on Gem) for Saturday 21 July.

1 Like

My least favourite Bond actor.

I won’t be home this Saturday night, so I won’t miss not being able to see these.