Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

lol, an M-rated program?

2 Likes

Is it really a New Night if it goes back to where it started?

Surely Nine pushing The Voice earlier than what it must have been planned for will work against them. Presumably the Live shows are meant to start next week and with 20 to 1 and 60 Minutes in the schedule they are going lose all their (already dwindling) momentum.

Yep lol

[quote]Nine spokeswoman Victoria Buchan says the show’s figures are down but that was expected because of how entrenched it had been on a Thursday night.

“There was a lot of discussion about where it went,” she said. “But we decided that we couldn’t keep it on a Thursday because a lot of kids and families watch the show and they couldn’t wait up until after Thursday night football to watch it.[/quote]

They stayed up between 1994-2012. Now rates worse than ever.

1 Like

Can’t they just axe The NRL Footy Show already? It hasn’t rated well in at least ten years (really, it’s been declining for a long time before the move to Wednesdays or Thursday night NRL) and sadly, even encores, movies or other filler programing would probably rate better in Sydney/Brisbane and not cost as much.

3 Likes

Sadly I Agree, The NRL Footy Show has Run it’s Course and it’s Time for Nine to let it go.

### Week commencing 12 June 2016

Sunday 12 June
07:00 PM 20 To One
08:00 PM 60 Minutes
09:00 PM Killer Women With Piers Morgan
Two-part documentary in which Piers Morgan interviews female murderers. In part one, he speaks to Erin Caffey, who masterminded the brutal murder of her family when aged just 16.
10:00 PM Inside The World’s Toughest Prisons
11:00 PM Teens Behind Bars

Monday 13 June
07:30 PM The Voice
09:30 PM Adele - Live in London

Sydney and Brisbane
10:50 PM Soundbreaking

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
10:50 PM Footy Classified

Tuesday 14 June
07:30 PM 20 to One
08:30 PM Britain’s Got Talent
10:00 PM 2 Broke Girls x 2
11:00 PM Beauty And The Beach

Wednesday 15 June
07:30 PM David Attenborough’s The Hunt

Sydney and Brisbane
08:40 PM The Footy Show
10:40 PM The NRL Rookie Rpt

08:40 PM Mr and Mrs Smith
11:05 PM The NRL Footy Show

Thursday 16 June
07:30 PM RBT

Sydney and Brisbane
08:30 PM Mr and Mrs Smith
11:00 PM The ARL Footy Show

08:30 PM The ARL Footy Show
10:30 PM World’s Funniest Videos x 2

Friday 17 June
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 PM NRL
10:10 PM The Cold Light of Day

07:30 PM Postcards
08:30 PM What to Expect When Expecting

Saturday 18 June
07:00 PM The Voice
09:00 PM Footloose

Note: Also See NRL on Nine for details of NRL coverage.

Hard to see where Love Child fits into Monday nights with 2 hour episodes of The Voice.

Am i right that new episodes of Mike and Molly, Anger Management and The Middle will air on GO ! this week in double episodes ? I heard this from someone .

Also how come Nine still has The Middle and Mike and Molly (possibly Anger Management ?) if they no longer have the Warner Bros deal ?

Usually if they are already screening the programs then the contracts keep going for those programs. It’s just that they don’t get exclusive rights to any new WB product.

4 Likes

20 to One is shown on Sunday and Tuesday next week. Is it a one off due to Queen’s Birthday long weekend? Will The Voice live show return to Sunday the week after?

That’s odd. Why take it off and annoy viewers?

The Voice is still on next week but on Monday to maximise ratings.

When I posted yesterday the EPG didn’t go that far and the ads saying Love Child coming to Monday make it appear that The Voice would be Sundays again.
A 9.30+ start time and a variable one following live shows is just ridiculous for Nine’s best performing drama. With the changed classification standards it should be given a prime 7.30 slot.

There is a Love Child ad inside front cover of this week’s TV Week magazine with the caption “coming to Sundays” at the bottom. So Nine may have change of heart. This could mean The Voice live shows will air on Mondays only, potentially going head to head with the House Rules grand final.

Well two hours ago they tweeted “ALL NEW #9LoveChild is COMING TO MONDAYS on @Channel9!” including a video. Seems they don’t know what they are doing.

Certainly seems that way. The advert in TV Week specifically says “New Night, New Season”.

They were advertising it that way for a couple of weeks which I would have guessed meant Sunday night.

Aren’t Mondays a new night for Love Child? I could have sworn it aired on Tuesdays.

No it was on Thurdsay nights I looked it up

Was it? I never remember seeing it on a Thursday night.

edit: i think you are mistaken the first season aired on Mondays and second on Tuesdays not on thursdays. [quote=“Andyt30, post:269, topic:43, full:true”]
No it was on Thurdsay nights I looked it up
[/quote]