Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Have you seen the other networks’ schedules? You could have said the exact thing about them. Every network relies on a tentpole reality program in the early evening and then hope that it provides a strong lead in to whatever comes next.

It’s also ridiculous to complain about cheap filler content in the late evenings and the lack of Australian content when networks have always filled up schedules with US shows. There used to be a time when US dramas like NCIS, CSI, ER, Lost, Desperate Housewives etc. rated well. That’s not the case anymore.

1 Like

Yes and from what I can see ten has; Sportd Tonight, Been paying attention, Shark Tank occupying the 8:30 slots. And at least 7 has Interview ans few other decent american imports rather than a cheap movie and cheap UK talent show.

Yes and Nine also has some content later in the evening. Love Island just finished and they’ll have True Story airing at 8.30 in 2 weeks. There’s nothing wrong with Britain’s Got Talent either.

Do they on the week posted above? Thats what my comment was refering too? Love island finished weeks ago and hamish and andy isnt in that schedule.

1 Like

But that’s two weeks. ATM their schedule looks like dogsh*t.

2 Likes

Nine has done a reshuffle of post-8.30pm schedule on weekdays. Doctor Doctor moves from Wednesday (when the drama was shown for the first two seasons) to Monday, while True Story shifts from Monday to Tuesday. That means Bite Club will take the Wednesday 8.45pm timeslot.

Wrong. According to the synopsis on ebroadcast TV guide, the Ninja Warrior grand final (labelled Grand Final part 2) will be on next Tuesday (July 31) up against the MasterChef grand final. First time in Australian TV history two reality shows ending on the same night.

The question on Australia’s lips. Can anyone climb Mt Midoriyama? The best of the Ninja Warriors go head to head in the Season Final. Conquer the mountain and they’ll claim $200,000, plus the title of Australia’s first ever Ninja Warrior.

1 Like

The question on Australia’s lips. Can anyone climb Mt Midoriyama? The best of the Ninja Warriors go head to head in the Season Final. Conquer the mountain and they’ll claim $200,000, plus the title of Australia’s first ever Ninja Warrior.

Australia’s first…and last ever Ninja Warrior?

I think it will still be renewed for next year but if the declines continue it won’t see a fourth season.

1 Like

Bec Hewitt confirmed as host, with Ray Martin and Steve Jacobs as already announced plus Sonia Kruger and Lauren Phillips.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/i-think-its-the-right-time-bec-hewitt-is-returning-to-tv-as-host-of-nines-new-series-hello-world/news-story/2a0feee0e9287ed2be7b632bfab7721b

Hello World will air 4.30pm, Sunday, from October 7 on Nine.

1 Like

Hasn’t it already been renewed???

Of course it will be renewed

Do justify…

Week commencing 5 August 2018

Sunday 5 August
07:00 pm The Block Season 14 Premiere

08:30 pm 60 Minutes
09:30 pm Tortured By Mum and Dad? The Turpin 13
10:30 pm Mafia Women With Trevor McDonald Rpt
11:30 pm Major Crimes Rpt

Monday 6 August
07:30 pm The Block
08:40 pm Doctor Doctor Series 3 Premiere
09:50 pm Dr Christian Will See You Now Series Premiere
10:50 pm 100% Footy (NRL) / Footy Classified (AFL)
11:50 pm Two And A Half Men Rpt

Tuesday 7 August
08:40 pm True Story with Hamish & Andy Series 2 Premiere
09:10 pm Movie: The Castle (1997)
11:00 pm The Closer Rpt

Wednesday 8 August
08:30 pm Britain’s Got Talent
11:00 pm Embarrassing Bodies Rpt

Thursday 9 August
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm Thursday Night Football
09:45 pm The Footy Show NRL
11:00 pm The Footy Show AFL

Melbourne
07:30 pm The Footy Show AFL The Footy Show My Room Telethon.
10:00 pm World’s Funniest Videos Top 10 Countdown x 2
11:00 pm The Footy Show NRL

Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Driving Test Ep 3
08:00 pm RBT

08:30 pm The Footy Show AFL
11:00 pm The Footy Show NRL

Friday 10 August
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm Friday Night Football
10:45 pm The Usual Suspects (1995)

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Vet on the Hill
08:30 pm Kinky Boots (2005)
10:45 pm The Closer
11:45 pm Chicago Med

Saturday 11 August
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 pm Saturday Night Football
09:50 pm True Story with Hamish & Andy
10:20 pm Get Shorty (1995)

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:00 pm True Story with Hamish & Andy
07:30 pm Junior (1994)
09:45 pm Kindergarten Cop (1990)

I’m sure this was on SBS before…

1 Like

Don’t the figures do that?

Its lucky that it started off at such a high base. Any other show that would have lost 1m+ viewers year on year would be dead in the water.

Ninja is one of Nine’s top three performers (next to Block and Married At First Sight). That is why I am certain it will be renewed. They can find ways to cut costs if they need to.

1 Like

Did 9 ever finish season 1 of Kevin Can Wait??
They’re killing off season 2 at 1.30pm starting Wed Aug 8.

1 Like

It was cancelled,so doesn’t really matter.