Nine Network - Programs and Schedules

Updated schedule

Nine must think they still are and turns out I was right (about Brosnan Bonds)…

They’ve moved “Goldeneye” and “Tomorrow Never Dies” to the main channel this Saturday. Probably also because the Ninja Warrior encores flopped last week.

Not sure what’s replacing them on 9Gem yet.

Week commencing 29 July 2018

Sunday 29 July
07:00 pm Australian Ninja Warrior
08:40 pm 60 Minutes
09:40 pm Killer Women With Piers Morgan Rpt
10:40 pm Mafia Women With Trevor McDonald Rpt
11:40 pm Major Crimes Rpt

Monday 30 July
07:30 pm Australian Ninja Warrior
09:10 pm When Celebrity Goes Horribly Wrong Series Premiere
10:10 pm 100% Footy (NRL) / Footy Classified (AFL)
11:10 pm Two And A Half Men x 2 Rpt

Tuesday 31 July
07:30 pm Australian Ninja Warrior
09:10 pm Mission Impossible-Ghost Protocol (2012)
11:50 pm The Closer Rpt

Wednesday 1 August
07:30 pm Britain’s Got Talent
09:30 pm Britain’s Got More Talent
10:30 pm Embarrassing Bodies Rpt
11:30 pm Lethan Weapon Rpt

Thursday 2 August
Sydney, Brisbane
07:30 pm Thursday Night Football
09:45 pm The Footy Show NRL
11:00 pm The Footy Show AFL

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Driving Test
08:00 pm RBT
08:30 pm The Footy Show AFL
10:00 pm World’s Funniest Videos Top 10 Countdown x 2
11:05 pm The Footy Show NRL

Friday 3 August
Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
07:30 pm Friday Night Football
10:45 pm Out Of Time (2003)

Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Vet on the Hill
08:30 pm Love Happens (2009)
10:50 pm The Closer
11:50 pm Chicago Med

Saturday 4 August
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 pm Saturday Night Football
09:25 pm Point Break (1991)

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:00 pm Twins (1988)
09:10 pm Uncle Buck (1989)

1 Like

The Block Returns on 5th August. I believe that Australia Ninja Warrior Finals will air straight after The Block on Sunday Nights.

They are advertising Ninja as the final 2 weeks on 9Now, so its grand final is likely August 5th.

Nine’s schedule is so poor. I cannot believe they are showing a movie and and UK Talent competition on the main channel in primetime. Beyond embarrassing.

10 Likes

The main channel of one of the major networks and that’s all they can offer for the week. Such a boring schedule. I’ll stick to Netflix

3 Likes

It is simply awful. I didn’t even see the Monday show. What on earth is that rubbish? Simply and utterly no imagination or money spent after their reality tentpole. They expected Ninja to give them cheap wins and I am actually glad it hasn’t turned out that way. Nine need to start filling their late evening schedule with some decent Australian content.

5 Likes

Looks like it is holding off the Australian content until the week of August 5 when the new season of The Block begins.

Channel Nine has 7 eps of Ninja Warrior remaining. The Block will air at 7PM on 5 August, followed by back-to-back eps of Ninja Warrior Final at 8PM. What happens to 60 Minutes is unknown.

Waste for Ninja Warrior, but it hasn’t worked as hoped and such double header programming should ensure big wins. But I don’t think it’s great for viewers. If all that does eventuate.

You are missing something really important! The Series Premiere of When Celebrities Go Horribly Wrong is on Monday, 30 July. Pencil that in your diary. A real highlight.

@Bort you ignorant slut, the Brosnan movies are the best Bond films.

1 Like

I did and then got to use my eraser that I haven’t needed to use in like 15 years.

2 Likes

Business will be booming at Staedtler again

off topic
Brosnan is my favourite and Tomorrow Never Dies is a favourite. But in terms of the best quality and universal praise, Connery the original and probably the best, followed by Moore (both went a film too long). I believe Dalton was Ian Fleming’s quintessential Bond however.

1 Like

Only half of that sentence is accurate

2 Likes

Have you seen the other networks’ schedules? You could have said the exact thing about them. Every network relies on a tentpole reality program in the early evening and then hope that it provides a strong lead in to whatever comes next.

It’s also ridiculous to complain about cheap filler content in the late evenings and the lack of Australian content when networks have always filled up schedules with US shows. There used to be a time when US dramas like NCIS, CSI, ER, Lost, Desperate Housewives etc. rated well. That’s not the case anymore.

1 Like

Yes and from what I can see ten has; Sportd Tonight, Been paying attention, Shark Tank occupying the 8:30 slots. And at least 7 has Interview ans few other decent american imports rather than a cheap movie and cheap UK talent show.

Yes and Nine also has some content later in the evening. Love Island just finished and they’ll have True Story airing at 8.30 in 2 weeks. There’s nothing wrong with Britain’s Got Talent either.

Do they on the week posted above? Thats what my comment was refering too? Love island finished weeks ago and hamish and andy isnt in that schedule.

1 Like